Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

gipro type-x problems...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Squid

zubzero is on a distinguished road
gipro type-x problems...?

If there is some one who has installed gipro gear indicator could you please help me out?? I have connected the device in yellow/green wire which comes directly from the ecu box, "L" flashes slowly all the time but it doesn´t give me the "1" to start operating. I think that it is correctly connected but whats wrong then? I checked the color in cord several times and so on...

When i but 1 gear in it starts to roll the but i don´t think that its going to get the RPM reading anywhere? So it senses speed but not tacho? Whats the color in RPM wire??
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i thought those things took guessed at your gear based on rpm vs speed or something funky like that, so youd have to ride around and let it learn. what did the instructions say about first time use of them?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by uchi
i thought those things took guessed at your gear based on rpm vs speed or something funky like that, so youd have to ride around and let it learn. what did the instructions say about first time use of them?
the instructions sayd that put the bike in neutral and let it idle for a while, it flashes "L" in the screen slowly, it should turn the "L" in to "1" and then i should but the first gear in. The problem is right there, it doesn´t turn in to "1" at all, it only flashes "L" all the time.

My bike is on rear stand so i can but any gear on etc.

So the gipro doesn´t get the rpm signal at all, the instructions sayd that the rpm signal color is yellow/green and thats what the haynes manual says also? So whats fucked up or is the gipro fucked up?

I let the bike idle for about 5min or so, it should have found the rpm by then... instructions say that let the bike idle for a little while and the "L" should flash quikly and turn into "1", then but first gear in... I´m reading the instructions now and i get the feeling that in idle it should found the rpm signal in "seconds". I let it idle for 5min and nothing?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
SuperBike

where did you get the tach signal from? i remember trying to hook up a tach in my old car and thought i could take it right from the cluster, but the cluster would infact take a signal and convert it into rpms so it wouldnt work there. i havent dug too deep into these bikes but is there a tach signal located on the coil? maybe try that if you havent already. sounds like its either not getting a clean signal or the unit is defective
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Squid

where did you get the tach signal from? i remember trying to hook up a tach in my old car and thought i could take it right from the cluster, but the cluster would infact take a signal and convert it into rpms so it wouldnt work there. i havent dug too deep into these bikes but is there a tach signal located on the coil? maybe try that if you havent already. sounds like its either not getting a clean signal or the unit is defective
You are right, i look at the electric shematic and it looks exactly what you said. I´m trying to put it in straight to "ignition pulse generator" as its the yellow wire with no stripes. Wish me luck... i hope i won´t fry the hole bike in the proses
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
SuperBike

Lol good luck. If you get it working make a writeup. I plan on buying one this year for my bike
Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 AM
SuperBike

either it worked and hes gone or it didnt work and hes fixing it with an axe and a big hammer, lol
Old 04-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Squid

either it worked and hes gone or it didnt work and hes fixing it with an axe and a big hammer, lol
Had to go to work, so i´m gonna go and try tomorrow... I´ll take the hammer just in case it doesn´t work!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 AM
SuperBike

thats the spirit, convince it that it wants to work. also a half inch ratchet works just as well
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Squid

thats the spirit, convince it that it wants to work. also a half inch ratchet works just as well
The bloody ****** won´t work even i had a 8pound hammer with me!! So its not the yellow and its not the yellow/green...waiting for healtech to give me another color to try...feeling like a test dummy.. my friend is coming to give it a try if a can´t get it working tomorrow perhaps...
Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 AM
SuperBike

That sucks man. I'm surprised no one on here has chimed in yet. I'm sure a couple guys have to be running these things. I'm not sure what else to say short of wrapping the wire a few times around a sparkplug wire like they do during the emissions testing. Lol
Old 04-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Squid

That sucks man. I'm surprised no one on here has chimed in yet. I'm sure a couple guys have to be running these things. I'm not sure what else to say short of wrapping the wire a few times around a sparkplug wire like they do during the emissions testing. Lol
Tomorrow my friend comes to test the damn thing...he said already that the indicator is busted... He looked at the wiring diagram and said that the correct cord is yellow/green. Thats the wire i tried first with no luck.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by zubzero
Tomorrow my friend comes to test the damn thing...he said already that the indicator is busted... He looked at the wiring diagram and said that the correct cord is yellow/green. Thats the wire i tried first with no luck.
By the way, i noticed something else during this damn wire hunt... My carbs rubber inlets were totally loose.... i wondered few weeks ago why my bikes idle waves so much...don´t wonder anymore... it seems that the bike vibrates so much that all the nuts and bolts loosen every now and then??? I´m gonna by 1L Loctite tomorrow and glue the damn thing together Both of the rubber throats where totally loose...
Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 AM
SuperBike

lol man mines got a shortened and modded set of jardine high mounts. you wanna talk about vibrating mine does it. if i had a passanger seat id sell orgasms to women for christs sake. its loud and its angry and i love it. im waiting for the forks to fall off one of these days, lol
Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Squid

lol man mines got a shortened and modded set of jardine high mounts. you wanna talk about vibrating mine does it. if i had a passanger seat id sell orgasms to women for christs sake. its loud and its angry and i love it. im waiting for the forks to fall off one of these days, lol
i thinks its just nasty by nature!! Well tomorrow the mystery wire problems solves, or the indicator is really busted and i get a peace of mind in that scenario and in next week will do the valves and then its ready for summer!!! Finally, there has been many bikers allready riding while mine stands in the garace...
Old 04-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
You do know that it's a difference between green/yellow and yellow/green don't you? They do vastly different things...

Just checking...
Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
You do know that it's a difference between green/yellow and yellow/green don't you? They do vastly different things...

Just checking...
Yep! Both can be found... Tomorrow going to test some more...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Squid

Problem solved!! The color of the wire was indeed correct in the gipro manual!! Solid yellow with green stripe! The problem in my case was this: I routed the wire too close to other electrick wires and they interfered the rpm signal wire and the result was that the indicator wasn´t working at all!!

Also make sure that the connection to the yellow/green wire is solid before packing everything up!!

Got it working today in few minutes with my friend helping me.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
SuperBike

good to hear, let me know how well it works id love to get one in the next little while
Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Squid

good to hear, let me know how well it works id love to get one in the next little while
Next saturday i´m gonna take a long trip with the bike so i´m gonna test it then properly. I bought t-rex sliders and i must say that very good quality and awesome looks!! Installed them today. Found out in the same that my right hand radiator is busted, the body of the fan i mean. One corner is cracked and the fan hits the radiator. Thank god for ebay!! Bought a used one for 20Ł+shipping.

New would have costed 113$ or 83€+shipping!! Damn thats expensive!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM
SuperBike

i would have fixed it with gorilla tape. im more interested in seeing how well it reacts to you down gearing at low rpms while coming to a stop to see if itll keep up
Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Squid

i would have fixed it with gorilla tape. im more interested in seeing how well it reacts to you down gearing at low rpms while coming to a stop to see if itll keep up
Well the bike was in rear stand when i tested it at first time and it took quite easy my downgearing. It has a second delay and then it pops the new gear number...quite fast in my opinion. Well lets see it in action next weekend...
Old 04-17-2010, 02:21 PM
SuperBike

Perfect let me know. If its as good as it sounds I may grab one sooner than later
Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Squid

Perfect let me know. If its as good as it sounds I may grab one sooner than later
So it run today about 100mails with my hawk and tested the gipro type-x and it worked like charm!!! It has about 1second delay after you put another gear on and release the clutch. No wrong gear indications etc. Only thing i noticed was that under 2000rpm it starts to flash so theres too little rpm to detect what gear is on. But anyway i love it!! Easy to install and works very well!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM
SuperBike

Excellent. Glad to hear it. Now I gotta get one once money frees up a little. Lol. Do a writeup with pictures and stixk it in the knowledge base.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Squid

Excellent. Glad to hear it. Now I gotta get one once money frees up a little. Lol. Do a writeup with pictures and stixk it in the knowledge base.
I try to remember to take pictures the next time i go to carage. My bike is located about 30km where i live currently because i don´t have place to but it to away from snow etc. Its summer in here but it rained snow today when i went for a ride temp is +5 celsius
Old 06-13-2022, 02:24 PM
Squid

dentieu is on a distinguished road
problem with the gipro x-type g2

hello there, oi am also having problems with setting up the different gears, it if gets into the state where it moves to 1 and where you have to rev up untill the 1 starts blinking fast but that doesnt happen.
any ideas?