Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Bike dying at idle when hot

Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Squid

Lukasz Kowalczyk is on a distinguished road
Bike dying at idle when hot

Hi.my SH recently started dying on me when i was following my friend in his car.Obviously in stationary traffic my machine got very hot to the point when fan is required to cool the heart of the beast.And then after 1st or 2nd fan intervention the revs when at idle 1k started to go down slowly till engine died.i started it back up and after 15 seconds it died again in the same manner.it was never happening before.and also recently i''fixed'' the fan as it was blowing the fuse because it was hitting the radiator and stopping so - overload and blown fuse.I have inserted 2 spacers onto one of the mounting screws and it works.so could that be the problem?or does it sound more like something went wrong in the engine?and note that none of that is happening while riding everyday without making it hot to fan start point.I also get lot of exhaust shooting...firing whatever its called.when decelerating in gear.i like it but are there any bad consequences for the engine?could it be connected to idle dying problem?
so my fellow and more expierenced hawkers...what would be your expertise?
apologies if i am doubling thread but i checked briefly and couldnt find my problem.thnx.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you are running a little lean on the bottom end.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that and I'm suspecting the carb breather hoses are still in stock position... g-et them out from inside the carbs, cut them short, pointing down...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Tweety
Yeah, that and I'm suspecting the carb breather hoses are still in stock position... g-et them out from inside the carbs, cut them short, pointing down...
hi..thnx for quick reply and help.carb breather hoses?any pic possibly?And if its lean how to change it?i am sorry i never did this.any explanation would be great and picture would be marvelous.
Thank you in advance.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Squid

hey...just noticed that my cables underneath the seat..i mean the bunch of em which is in silicone case...some of them were frying and there are naked ones..i will post a pic later...hellp my fierestorm gets on fireeee.....