RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Damn Cagers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Damn Cagers

Almost t-boned some chick last night.

I had to run to the store for some groceries. I was almost home, just turned on to my road....doing maybe 30-35mph and some girl pulled out of the tanning salon. I could tell by the look on her face that she thought I was going to nail her. Now I'm pretty good....but I thought I was going to clip her.

I grabbed the front as hard as I could, locked the rear and tossed the *** end out to the left; squeeked it off the the right just enough to make it by then snapped it back strait. And that was on my 1100 Sabre. Tossing 650lbs around like a flat-tracker isn't as easy as you might think.

Near misses don't normally bother me, but this one shook me up a bit. I thought I was going to kiss some fender. Shorts, T-shirt and no helmet are a bad combo for hitting the pavement.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
There certainly is no lack of idiots out on the road these days... I take it you may rethink not wearing at least a helmet for those short trips going forward.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Even a "quick spin around the block" to check out a mod or adjustment, I at least wear a helmet. Insurance stats say you are most likely to have an accident within 4 miles of your house.

I had a cell phone teenage girl in a blacked out windowed SUV, do a U-turn right in front of me just one block away from my house. When she finally saw me, she stopped and froze blocking the whole road. That first second was a major pucker moment but once I knew I was going to make it I purposely eased off the brakes a tad to stop mere inches from her door.

Hopefully she learned a very important lesson which might save someone else next time.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
I had a cell phone teenage girl in a blacked out windowed SUV

once I knew I was going to make it I purposely eased off the brakes a tad to stop mere inches from her door.

Hopefully she learned a very important lesson which might save someone else next time.
Sounds like a great song title!

She can be thankful it wasn't one of us nuts who are looking to do a front end conversion anyway...ease off the brakes to stop mere inches AFTER her door!

I was rear ended a couple years ago and had a close call a week ago when I STOPPED for a red light of all things. You do hope they learn something. Woman a week ago squealed past me into the intersection and turned right. Guess who was waiting for her when she came back out on the main avenue a couple blocks later. She avoided me for a light or two, then we were side by side. She stared straight ahead as I congratulated her for being a good enough driver to have not killed me!
As far as gear, my last drop was in June. 5 block ride to my daughters house. My son wheelies and looses it and hits me two blocks in. Helmet on, but t shirt & shorts. Most rash ever. Been down at 50 mph in gear and if the Beemer hadn't tried to rip my right leg off I would have been unhurt. @ least a hat, always!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
'Bring it...'
Back Marker

RocketBabe923 is on a distinguished road
Dang WOMEN drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably FRIED HER BRAIN in the tanning salon!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
And sometimes the cosmos provides a moment of entertainment at the expense of someone else.

While sitting and waiting for a light to change I was admiring a very extreme work of art chopper with the prototypical neanderthal slung on the apehangers. From behind him I then noticed an escalade approaching with a blond bimbette babbeling on the cell. She did not stop in time and punched the chop out from under the knuckle dragger.

I, being a good citizen, pulled into a parking lot to provide witness information and was rewarded by getting to watch the biker get up off the pavement, walk to the window of the escalade and take the cell from the bimbette and use it to call the police. The look on her face said that she had a fresh dose of religion because the end was nigh.

Never did find out if she was bleached or natural or if she got the cell back and I never did hear from an insurance investigator wanting my version of events. Was just glad it wasn't me, the cave man handled it much better than I would have.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PUSHrod
I never did hear from an insurance investigator wanting my version of events. Was just glad it wasn't me, the cave man handled it much better than I would have.
Was he insured through Geico?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
That's a good one. I would have handled it by swearing my head off at the bimbette, but caveman's approach sounds much more effective. At least you know she had insurance.

And yeah, his must be Geico.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
Was he insured through Geico?
LMAO!

For those who don't get it, it's a popular US advertising campaign and even a short lived TV show based on them:

Name:  caveman_2.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  34.2 KB
Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
My encounter with a ding dong mommy in a white gmc suv was bad enough. She cut me off and immediatly slammed on the brakes to get into a gas station. I locked up both brakes tryin not to rearend her. once I hit the ground, she jumped the curb to avoid the police. I was lucky there were three witness that saw the whole thing. They told the cops everything so I didnt have to. The only question they asked me was did I get the plate number. I told him it was hard to get my eyes off or her axle and the bumper sticker that read " Proud Parent of a Union City Elementary School Student". Proby on her cell too.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Since that day, I always have my spotlights on (my Sabre) because they are brighter than my headlight. About a week ago I had a guy in an SUV (talking on the cell) look right at me and then pull out. This was right across the street from where the girl almost took me out.

It wasn't that close because I had anticipated it so I got on the brakes and laid on the horn. At the stop light just ahead he gave me a long stare. I was just hoping that he got out and walked back to me.

You know, it's one thing to make a mistake and be sorry about it, it's another to make a mistake and not give a ****. Those guys need an *** woopin.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Those are all reasons why I don't carry when I ride.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:32 PM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Those are all reasons why I don't carry when I ride.
Yeah, I used to keep an old railroad spike window removal tool in the tank bag of the Beemer in case some *** needed a lesson. Came real close to using it. Upon reflection, don't carry it anymore.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by peterpanic
Yeah, I used to keep an old railroad spike window removal tool in the tank bag of the Beemer in case some *** needed a lesson. Came real close to using it. Upon reflection, don't carry it anymore.
Yea I know what you mean. If I could have found a rock or got to my leatherman in time I would have busted out her back window. I look out for bikes of all kinds and always give them the right of way. Guess thats because I ride.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
'Bring it...'
Back Marker

RocketBabe923 is on a distinguished road
Um... my dad was a motorcycle cop... he told me to keep ball bearings in my pocket.. get in front of the car and drop a few. They bounce...

Not that I'd know anything about stuff like that.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Just to lighten up this thread a little, one of my cager stories......

My Buddy and I were riding our bikes down a small country road behind a white Cadillac. My Buddy fell a little further back but He didn't seem to be having any real problem. I could see he was shaking his head and laughing though. OK? What's up I'm thinking....
We keep on riding for a while behind this Cadillac and we finally get to the QuickyMart. After we stop, My Bud is still laughing, but now at me! I ask what's so damn funny? He says "Didn't you see the guy in the Cadillac picking his nose and flicking his boogies out the sunroof at us?”
Man, I about died laughing so hard! It was kind of screwed up that someone would do that (and your Buddy doesn't say anything to you!) but damn it was funny and all I could do was laugh too!
It was 20 years ago and we(He) still tell(s) that story and we still laugh about it. LOL. At least I did get kind of a “boogie radar” from the experience and now I watch out for that sort of silliness from cagers! LOL

Last edited by runrowdy; 07-11-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by runrowdy
Just to lighten up this thread a little, one of my cager stories......

My Buddy and I were riding our bikes down a small country road behind a white Cadillac. My Buddy fell a little further back but He didn't seem to be having any real problem. I could see he was shaking his head and laughing though. OK? What's up I'm thinking....
We keep on riding for a while behind this Cadillac and we finally get to the QuickyMart. After we stop, My Bud is still laughing, but now at me! I ask what's so damn funny? He says "Didn't you see the guy in the Cadillac picking his nose and flicking his boogies out the sunroof at us?”
Man, I about died laughing so hard! It was kind of screwed up that someone would do that (and your Buddy doesn't say anything to you!) but damn it was funny and all I could do was laugh too!
It was 20 years ago and we(He) still tell(s) that story and we still laugh about it. LOL. At least I did get kind of a “boogie radar” from the experience and now I watch out for that sort of silliness from cagers! LOL
You have to appreciate the originality of the booger assault....
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Has anyone ever been hit by a cigarette? I caught one a couple weeks ago riding to work in heavy traffic right in the neck. I never checked to see if it left a mark, but I definitely felt it.
Here's a big damn cager story from earlier today- going down a back road, tennessee byway....wait...really, riding the RC with a friend and his 1000rr and we caught up to a semi with a dump trailer, went over a little bridge and rocks a little bigger than golf ***** came bouncing out. Luckily I was far enough back to slow down so they weren't at headlight level anymore as they bounced off to the side. He got the double yellow pass real quick.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
How about them flipping ashes off their cigarette out the window. Don't they have a brain. I fade back or pass when that happens.

I've had many close calls with stuff falling off vehicles. Once driving to work in my '90 Trooper, a chunk of concrete fell off a cement mixer and hit my grill. I was on the freeway, so I just continued on to work. When I drove into the parking lot, someone pointed and laughed....both front turnsignals were hanging by the wires, they had popped out from the impact.
I just pushed them back into place, no damage. Weird.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
on the subject of not carrying while riding, I wear a harley primary chain as a homemade belt. weights a lil bit but doubles as a great whip. just make surew its in the belt loops or its a deadly weapon. works good if im stopped but keeps my road rage at bay while I ride. I commute 60miles a day on san diegos wonderful 5 freeway I see all sorts of crap still havent had anyone open a door on me while I split lanes... god help them if they do.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
cager story

last week while navigating traffic in nashville on my way to taco bell, a lady in the middle lane turns right across my lane into the taco bell parking lot and gets in line for the drive through. I park my bike, step off and walk over to her window. I tapped on the glass, still wearing my helmet with reflective lens half way down. she was obviously shocked as she tried to find the window switch and proceeded to roll down the back window before she could figure out what was going on. I leaned over and said, "your back tire is flat". She didn't even notice she had a flat tire driving around town.

I figured if she was that oblivious to her surroundings there wasn't much I could do but to just keep driving defensive and watching for people like her.

PS - I would have helped change her tire but she ended up driving away.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Squid

DogStar is on a distinguished road
A side note to the booger story, I was driving with a buddy down the interstate and it was wide open so we were doing 85-90 with no traffic and this girl is tailgating really close behind me. Not sure if that was her normal thing to ride *** or was just trying to up her gas mileage but it was annoying the hell out of me. So I opened the sunroof and brought up some serious phlegm and spit it out the sunroof, a second later I saw her wipers and widshield fluid come on and she dropped back a couple hundred feet! It was gross but I was in college at the time so it seemed like the right thing to do
Old 07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DogStar
A side note to the booger story, I was driving with a buddy down the interstate and it was wide open so we were doing 85-90 with no traffic and this girl is tailgating really close behind me. Not sure if that was her normal thing to ride *** or was just trying to up her gas mileage but it was annoying the hell out of me. So I opened the sunroof and brought up some serious phlegm and spit it out the sunroof, a second later I saw her wipers and widshield fluid come on and she dropped back a couple hundred feet! It was gross but I was in college at the time so it seemed like the right thing to do
She had to respect the accuracy. Nice shot.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jI1j3_flrM
Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Squid

DuCaTi_HuNtEr is on a distinguished road
Close calls really suck... It always happens when you forget about your last one. It helps to remind me just how much I love riding, It's like surviving in a jungle sometimes. Now I don't carry when I ride(too afraid of crashing on it) but I do try to leave idiots with a little reminder in the form an Icon boot imprint on the door.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DuCaTi_HuNtEr
it) but I do try to leave idiots with a little reminder in the form an Icon boot imprint on the door.
Been there .. almost done that ......Carma is such a bitch........The whole ying yang. If i kicked in someones door that Soooo needed it i would wake up to my car and truck being hit by a cemet truck..Thats how it works at the Hoffpauir House