RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Pay Attention Cagers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Pay Attention Cagers!!!

Twice in less than two weeks, I don't believe it!

My wife is driving me to a doctor's appointment yesterday (back injury from being red light rear ended on my VTR on 3/21), when we get rear ended while stopped 10 cars back from a red light. Fortunately I chose to leave the trailer hitch on our '07 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 full time. The 30 something woman who hit us had her front bumper skin almost punched through on her '09 Lexus IS250. Without the hitch she would have dented our rear bumper.

No damage to our trailer hitch, and no further damage to my back. It was just a bump really, but jeez poeple...PAY ATTENTION!!!

With the iPad coming out today, I think we are in even more jeopardy as people will drive while watching movies or something on those things now.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
it sure seems like an epidemic of rear end collisions, in our area too at least one serious one every week. I think its the phone/texting thing. until someone does something big to hold people responsible its hard to see people changing. The whole 'multi-tasking' thought process baloney has people thinking they can do it despite a lot of studies to the contrary. I want them all to operate a chain saw or a rip saw with one hand whille texting and talking - if they do that for 2 hours and still have all their body parts they can do it in the car.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:02 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad it didn't punch through her AC condenser, radiator and transmission cooler leaving her bleeding car stuff all over the road.

I don't miss riding on traffic. People in cars can be assumed to be doped up on excess sugar and fryer fat and minimally conscious. Not to mention the controlled substances. At least have of that diminished mental capacity is consumed with obsessive communication syndrome, as mentioned.

Sure miss the mountain roads, though...
Old 04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
it sure seems like an epidemic of rear end collisions, in our area too at least one serious one every week. I think its the phone/texting thing. until someone does something big to hold people responsible its hard to see people changing. The whole 'multi-tasking' thought process baloney has people thinking they can do it despite a lot of studies to the contrary. I want them all to operate a chain saw or a rip saw with one hand whille texting and talking - if they do that for 2 hours and still have all their body parts they can do it in the car.
Um... nope... To make it realistic there has to be at least two of them in the room...

The thing is, most of it is common sense... BTW that's an oxymoron if there ever was one... Texting while driving... A three year old can figure out that that's a bad idea... In Sweden if you text and drive you loose your license... That simple... They still haven't agreed on the talking on the phone and driving thing... But texting is an absolute no-no...
Old 04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Twice in less than two weeks, I don't believe it!

My wife is driving me to a doctor's appointment yesterday (back injury from being red light rear ended on my VTR on 3/21), when we get rear ended while stopped 10 cars back from a red light. Fortunately I chose to leave the trailer hitch on our '07 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 full time. The 30 something woman who hit us had her front bumper skin almost punched through on her '09 Lexus IS250. Without the hitch she would have dented our rear bumper.

No damage to our trailer hitch, and no further damage to my back. It was just a bump really, but jeez poeple...PAY ATTENTION!!!

With the iPad coming out today, I think we are in even more jeopardy as people will drive while watching movies or something on those things now.
daaaaaammmmmm! WTF! Play the lottery, you'll hit that sumbitch fer sher. In my car, you wouldn't want to be in front of me stopped at a light cause if i see i'm gettin rear ended, I'm pullin up on you ***. I learned dat da hard way. Just about had my neck snapped off. hahaha
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
I think it goes back to that "the whole world is about me" attitude that a lot of people are cultivating. It's a big playpen ... play nice and look out for one another. Much easier that way.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Squid

4bangeranger is on a distinguished road
ya tweety i wish that was the law here
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Cut off their fawking thumbs.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Texs99
Squid

Texs4 is on a distinguished road
if you cant do it while riding a bicycle down town, then dont do it in your car period. its amazing how many windows i have knocked on when a minivan drifts into my lane. great reactions just be prepared to swerve or brake. the look on their faces when i pass them is priceless, maybe just maybe they wont do that again, for at least the rest of the day.