RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Helping each other.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Helping each other.....

Is it just me (probably) but when i post or start a new thread its usually to find out information or help someone else out. Then you go back and chk the post later expecting information and its a bunch of crap like dont you know anything or look around,idk ,i cant answer your question but im gonna post some dumb **** that dont have any bearing on the topic so i can raise my post count ,etc......

I try to add to the information around here (and i spaz on the ***** thread a bit) but why even post if your not at LEAST put some effort into answering the question or providing a link to some resource that may help them.(or me) i realise some people are just annoying and ask 6 bazzillion questions and never research for them selves and want others to do the work for them.im talking about the new guy that has a noobie question thats not familiar with fourms Or the bike and just got here and leaves feeling like "wow what a bunch of ********!"

And yes iv'e jumped on the band wagon a few times.....
Rant Disengaged
Shutting system down NOW!!
sending all processes Sig 11............
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
I am so glad you posted this because i been meaning to for a few days...

YES, a few of my questions have been answered that way and i felt as if no one gave a damn... So i quit asking.....

Funny, I posted asking some very direct questions to get answers all in one location, and got a few good comments, rest was nothing but a bunch of crap. I am deployed and internet time is scarce...so i wanted to see if I could get a bunch of questions answered in one post....so when i get back, I can get to work on my VTR.....

So Ill just stick to the old stand-by, asking friends at work and reading my VTR shop manual.

but hell, if i asked about doing wheelies in traffic and crash cages, or how to act like a immature a$$hole on the road, theres plenty of comment for that.

I must say a few guys did write well thought out replies to my posts, and they know who they are.....

maybe I should have bought a used BMW......

Last edited by 74stingray; 08-13-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I've found that to be the nature of the "internet forum"... I feel like it's more like sitting around in highschool with a bunch of your buddies.. after watching a Beavis and Butthead marathon... Someone's gonna make that stupid joke, and think someone else is gonna laugh at it and get a kick out of it..

IMO... forums dont need to be taken so seriously.. IF I trusted EVERYTHING that was written or posted on the 'net.. well, I'd probably trust my email, too.. and have that guy in Africa, with the $30m that someone inherited and never claimed, as a best friend.. Sorry guys, I'm sure alot of you have great experience and knowledge... but if I cant verify it first hand... it would be irresponsible of me to accept it as gospel then wouldnt it?

My advice to you would be: Ignore the posts that dont help you.. enjoy them, if you can. I do. I dont mind when someone makes a joke in a post of mine.

Personally I try to keep the banter in the PWNT.. though sometimes I cant help myself.. My intent isnt to disrespect anyone or to discount their question or opinion.. But there are stupid questions...

By the way.. Are you sure you're using the correct oil?

Last edited by Cleveland; 08-13-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Just it with a grain of salt... There are some very knowledgeable folks on this forum and there are going to be some that are going to post other crap, jack threads, etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Most sincere questions elicit at least a few sincere responses. And it cuts both ways.

One example? Some folks like to bitch about their VTR's mpg. Some of us who get 45-50 mpg regularly will respond with helpful tips. Then we realize the bitcher isn't interested in helpful tips. They are only interested in bragging about what shitty mileage the get from their bike and are offended by any suggestion that they might be able to improve it.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Superstock

Thanks guys for your honest and insightfull opinions

J/K i was on my soap box last night i dont thke this place for the gospel or nothing.

Its jsut the blatent stuff.. i love makin jokes in threads as long as i am folling the general
mood of the thread.Such as its gotten off topic or i have tried to help,etc then it's time to pull out the ol'e dick jokes to lighten the mood hehe

Nah screwin around and havein fun are all part of the whole internet game i was just a bit miffed about some thing yesterday. then i see the equivlent of "hey how to do blah blah blah" and the response was Basically Go play hide and go **** yourself....

Ok im done bitchin I need a
Old 08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
If someone gets a useless response to the question, just consider it a BUMP!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Superstock

Zedicus is on a distinguished road
hehe, you know this is one of the best forums on the internet and even it has a bit of this useless posting that works its way in.

and i know im not the most active member on these boards but ive been around the net a time or 12 and kicked off of more boards then most peeple on here prolly know exist.

something ive noticed, the more active mebers are on a board, the more likely the majority of them are idiots and the few that arent assume you are an idiot until you can prove your worthiness to them. it doesnt matter the topic of the forum, be it engines, computers, personal problems, hair care, child care.

anymore i try to only join very very single minded forums, ones that have one main overwhelming theme, like this one is a superhawk forum. that still leaves me with about 20 forums that i am an above average user on and several more that i am a very inactive but still occasional user of.

(now i know what your all thinking, this guy has no life) while that is partially tru, my day job is a computer tech, so i spend an overwhelming majority of my time in front of a computer with internet acees. over the years my hobbies have grown and evolved. ive been and still am a 2-stroke nut, im currently rebuilding my wifes import tuner car, ive owned and rebuilt old school chevy trucks, ive done the mini-truck thing. as well as other motorcycles, then things with out engines, and even been activly involved in operating system and developement of computers.

im running on a bit, i guess the point im trying to make is, no matter where you are, theres bound to be an ****ole there with you.

(NOTE: even good peeple can sometimes make an arsholeish post if they are in the correct mood. if your reading this i bet your guilty of said offense atleast a few times in yur life.)

Last edited by Zedicus; 08-13-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Superstock

you guys will get a kick out of this... who are you most like. pick from the dropdown on the right to read the full discriptions

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
No whining!

I've been a forum member way back since Greg had the "original forum". When I do respond, I always try to provide direct, concise input but may also add a bite or two when the same questions are asked in the same thread repeatedly. Yes there are stupid people and not just stupid questions. I get tired of responding to people who don't bother to first do a proper search before posting a "new" thread about a subject that has been covered in great detail in one or more prior threads. I also am weary of providing meaningful input that is then apparently ignored but that is my problem, and the nature of the forum beast. Again, if you don't want to be gently flamed, do your homework first and phrase your questions precisely using proper terminology (i.e., refer to the shop manual or online parts fiche)!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Superstock

it bugs me when peeple dont search first, but then theres n00bs to this forum, and theres n00bs to forums in general. everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Zedicus
you guys will get a kick out of this... who are you most like. pick from the dropdown on the right to read the full discriptions

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/
Oh god thats a keeper consider it bookmarked Good stuff
Old 08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
Originally Posted by Zedicus
it bugs me when peeple dont search first, but then theres n00bs to this forum, and theres n00bs to forums in general. everyone has to start somewhere.
Agreed... partially. Yes people should do a search first, BUT if you're going to post a reply that reads "Our forum has a search function, get familiar with it" consider spending the additional 30 seconds and post a reply with the link for them. Thats the stuff that bugs me.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that I am guilty of this from time to time, but sometimes you can't help but to answer a dumb queston with a dumb answer. perfect example: "can I replace my crankcase with glass?"

When someone posts a queston, even though I dont know it all, I attempt to help.

I also have to add that the Noobs asking the same questons over and over gets old....
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Ejection Seat Fixer
Squid

74stingray is on a distinguished road
I think some people just get off being wiseasses. If you "get tired of answering the same questions", then ignore the post and more to the next instead of insulting the question.