Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Well its almost winter and I want to finishe the tank.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Well its almost winter and I want to finishe the tank.

I started this tank last year and ran low on resin and time. I have a bottom pan mold that I really need to clean up. Ordering resin aint cheap but I have an excuse as I have a lotus esprit that needs some attention in the glass department. My big big big drawback is mounting it to the frame. I want to pull some pins or Unscrew some dzeus fasteners and be on my way. Safe and sane is my problem. I dont think dzeus is wise on our bikes and pins seem a bit loose. Any ideas on mounting the tank securely to the bike and hitting my actual real reason to build the tank which was two fold. Affed fuel capacity and quick and easy access to the carbs. No more balancing the tank flopped up when I want to work on the carbs just a simple fastner and set on the seat. I also am not against cutting saftey wires or zip ties every time as long as its faster than undoing that bolt hidden under the tank and worrying about chipping the hell out of my paint while doing it.