RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

well its been 6 years since ive been down...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
well its been 6 years since ive been down...

Guess I was over due...

I was taking a left onto a road and had the right of way and this old lady at the stop sign wanted to take a left onto the road I was on... I had my blinker on and was going proper speed. She inched out and stopped, I assumed she saw I was taking the turn as I didn't wave her on, my mistake right... anyways as I cross the double yellow to make my turn she for some reason thinks I'm letting her go... I lock up the front brake, the bike slides under the right corner of her bumper and I hit the fender....

She then states (with her car still over my front fairing) "didn't you see my blinker"... made me giggle on the inside a little.

Well hopefully insurance pays for my rebuild...

I'm uninjured by the way other then a small bruise on my forearm as I was wearing my jacket helmet and gloves...
Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
Guess I was over due...

I was taking a left onto a road and had the right of way and this old lady at the stop sign wanted to take a left onto the road I was on... I had my blinker on and was going proper speed. She inched out and stopped, I assumed she saw I was taking the turn as I didn't wave her on, my mistake right... anyways as I cross the double yellow to make my turn she for some reason thinks I'm letting her go... I lock up the front brake, the bike slides under the right corner of her bumper and I hit the fender....

She then states (with her car still over my front fairing) "didn't you see my blinker"... made me giggle on the inside a little.

Well hopefully insurance pays for my rebuild...

I'm uninjured by the way other then a small bruise on my forearm as I was wearing my jacket helmet and gloves...
Happy to hear your uninjured...

Out of curiosity..
In your state, making a left turn from an uncontrolled intersection vs a person at a controlled
intersection... and you have the right of way?
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 AM
SuperBike

I have the right of way when I am on a road where I don't have any traffic signs to abide by other then posted speed limits and marked lanes...

I have the right of way to take a left or a right off of that roadway as long as I am not obstructing a person coming the opposite direction on the same roadway...

A person at a stop sign or yield sign planning to enter a road in which traffic on said road does not have a yield/stop/or obligation to let that person on the road does not have any type of right of way...

In fact in the same circumstances I would fail a driving test if I were to stop to let that person on the road because I have the right of way
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
SuperBike

Same basic concept as merging onto a highway where the people on the highway have the right of way and people merging onto the highway have to yield to the people already on the highway
Old 09-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Same basic concept as merging onto a highway where the people on the highway have the right of way and people merging onto the highway have to yield to the people already on the highway
Well, not as I understand it..but I don't live in Boston, so no matter.
But glade your ok..
Hope the insurance gets you a butter deal then when it went down.. win/win
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM
SuperBike

Eh... that's how it is in Massachusetts...

the decision is going to come when the insurance adjuster totals it but ill figure that out when the time comes
Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 PM
SuperBike

And maybe I used the wrong example with the highway but in my situation I had the right of way
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

And maybe I used the wrong example with the highway but in my situation I had the right of way
That's all that matters.

Sucks the book value is so low on these bikes.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:31 PM
SuperBike

Yea I'm assuming its totalled all the front plastics, headlight, fairing stay, brake lever, and I haven't even gotten to take a good look at it yet, heading back there to go wait for the flat bed now
Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
It's the same in every state. He was traveling on the main thorough fare, she was attempting to enter from a side street. He has the right of way in every state.

Glad you're un-injured.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:58 PM
SuperBike

Yea she stopped at the line, inched forward and stopped as I was about to make the left. And then as I was crossing the double yellow to make the turn that's when she decided to make her move and I locked up the front with cold tires(just left work a couple hundred yards away)
Old 09-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Erik S.
It's the same in every state. He was traveling on the main thorough fare, she was attempting to enter from a side street. He has the right of way in every state.

Glad you're un-injured.
Your assumption that he was on the main road is one I did not make..since that was not stated...
But no matter... Im very sure of what I understand, and it means nothing for the OP and his situation... as only the local LEO's opinion on it matters at this point.

More importantly, he is OK, and the bike is covered.. ..
Old 09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
could have been worse.......you're ok, that's what counts huh! I have experienced similar situations many times, drivers mis-understanding intentions. Sometimes it can get crazy trying to figure out what people will do.

Like now, i can't figure out what you're gonna to do:are we going naked, repsol bodywork, get a new BMW or buy a harley?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:23 PM
SuperBike

My plan still stands as a stage 1 rebuild, custom exhaust aluminum undertail, CF custom headlight fairing belly pan gas tank and tail section, racetech forks and shock, regearing w 520, and some nice paint...

If you want a full list check out "I think my wenis is bleeding..." in 'everything else's...

Currently I have a bi-xenon headlight disasssembled and am working on the mold for the CF assembly
Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
My plan still stands as a stage 1 rebuild, custom exhaust aluminum undertail, CF custom headlight fairing belly pan gas tank and tail section, racetech forks and shock, regearing w 520, and some nice paint...

If you want a full list check out "I think my wenis is bleeding..." in 'everything else's...

Currently I have a bi-xenon headlight disasssembled and am working on the mold for the CF assembly
your comment is starting to make sense("made me giggle on the inside a little")............ i think i got it now. You intentionally sacrificed your bike in a cunning and calculating manner for the sole purpose of having some poor old lady finance the cost of your renovation aspirations. You sly fox you.

Last edited by nath981; 09-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:27 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Your assumption that he was on the main road is one I did not make..since that was not stated...
But no matter... Im very sure of what I understand, and it means nothing for the OP and his situation... as only the local LEO's opinion on it matters at this point.

More importantly, he is OK, and the bike is covered.. ..
Not an assumption. I read what he typed, and I interpreted it correctly, then saw your mis-interpretation, and his re-explaining.

No, the LEO "opinion" doesn't matter. The local laws matter. If the LEO does his job and investigates correctly, then compares the situation to what the law dictates, that is what matters. Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

You're correct though, the important part is he is Ok.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 AM
SuperBike

OK so here's an update...

Yesterday afternoon I got my bike back to my apartment and did the whole claim statement with my insurance company...

Adjuster is coming out Thursday to assess the damage so I probably wont post much about that until after the final verdict...

As for me, I'm a little stiff and other then a mild bump and bruise on my left forearm and left shin I am perfectly fine...

Thank you all for your kind remarks, and I will post pictures of the damage shortly and after the final verdict a can start tearing her down and go from there...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Squid

TJ91 is on a distinguished road
Glad your ok man. Hope the insurance works out for you. Watching my bike slide away from me last night sparking was terrifying.
Keep us posted man and GoodLuck!