Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

this week's mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
this week's mods

so i don't need to take up a lot of room here explaining the mods, but i did the +2 rear sprocket from renthal (so much lighter than stock) wasn't too satisfied with it. i thought i was going to gain more torque than i actually did, so i have a -1 for the front on the way. Pair removal with block off plates, burnie morgan airbox mod, gsxr brake swap including MC and new EBC HH pads. holy ****. this thing stops sooo fast, incredible upgrade. right now i have bent the hell out of the original reservoir bracket to make it work, its ugly and sticks way out. this is just a temp fix, that and since the MC is a little bigger so my brake cables are having a tough time fitting in there well. this is due to the piece of the MC that sticks out and gets in the way of the banjo bolts fitting in comfortably. What recommendations do you all have as far as making my own reservoir bracket that isn't too complicated that i can do with minimal tools? AND What can i do about the piece of the MC that is in the way, can I cut it off?
Attached Thumbnails this week's mods-hpim5830.jpg   this week's mods-hpim5832.jpg   this week's mods-hpim5833.jpg   this week's mods-hpim5836.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Bracket = Piece of alu and some time with basic tools...

The part you are talking about, it's the tab for aligning the banjo's right? That you can most definetly cut off... It's just for making sure the banjo doesn't rotate to a bad angle when you torque it...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
I had a similar issue with my 600rr brake conversion. That tab wouldn't let me put the banjo where I needed it. I ground it off flush with the rest of the MC.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
oh man those brakes are sexxxyyyy. ive seen info on them here but i wanna know first hand from you how hard are they to install? direct bolt on? and how much were they to buy? brake upgrade is in my future. i bet that thing will buck you over the bars if you tap the brakes too hard, haha
Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
oh man those brakes are sexxxyyyy. ive seen info on them here but i wanna know first hand from you how hard are they to install? direct bolt on? and how much were they to buy? brake upgrade is in my future. i bet that thing will buck you over the bars if you tap the brakes too hard, haha
00-01 6 pot GSXR1000 and 00-03 4 pot GSXR600&750 calipers are direct bolt on. Match the MC to the caliper, you will have to figure out a different reservoir mount system for them too as Suzuki provides a bolt on the clip-on and Honda bolts theirs to the MC clamp.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Sounds simple enough. I could easily make a mount. What's one of these setups worth?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
mine is off a 01 gsxr 1000, you can see from the pics of my hack-job reservoir mounting system, that lanz hit the issue right on. since i did the MC as well. straight up bolt on setup otherwise. took a little bit of moving stuff around. for instance i ended up using the MC-clipon clamp from my old (stock) setup cause it was smaller than the one from the gsxr and fit in with the electronics better. the difference is amazing. I tried it with the used pads that were on the 6-pots, eh...they were okay. so i got some shiny EBC HH and put those on. if you've read the other threads on this topic they say you only need one finger to brake. and seriously, you only need one finger to brake, its a great mod. oh yeah, $125 for the whole thing off ebay(calipers, lines, MC, reservoir, and used pads), and $75 for a full set of new pads. worth it.