General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Laconia Bike Week 2007

Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Back Marker

nova_scotian_996 is on a distinguished road
Laconia Bike Week 2007

I was thinking about taking a spin down to Laconia this summer. I was wondering if any of the members have ever been there and if there is a respectable amount of sport bikes....

Looking at the vids on the net I found it looks like a cruiser fest....

Long way to drive to see a bunch a Harleys broke down on the side of the road...
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Back Marker

seaton001 is on a distinguished road
I have gone for the past 5 years. It is pretty cool... LOTS of traffic. You can always head over to Loudon, they have the races going on there. AMA used to go there, but they complained that the track was too tight. Now they just have different classes that race. The main stopping point is Weirs beach. There are sport bikes and stuff to look at but Weirs is like you said, mostly crusiers and Harleys. There is a lot of custom bikes, which I enjoyed looking at, not sure if that is your thing or not.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Squid

RedHotFireStorm is on a distinguished road
Been there several times, used to go for the AMA races at Loudon, as 001 mentioned. We were always a group of 6 to 12 riders, staying at a campsite, roughing it for the week-end (oldest member of the group got the top of the picnic table). The ultra crowded Weirs beach is something to experience.
On the negative side, there were relatively few sport bikes to check out compared to the kazillion chromed-up harleys. Not much in the way of respectable aftermarket goodie vendors either, unless you need a new set of chaps or Harley knock-off boots.
The AMA racing was great to watch, but amateur/pro racing can be very entertaining as well.
My opinion; Any big bike week-end is cool to check out, but I would make Laconia a stop or "drive through" part of a bike trip, not a destination.