This Week's Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
This Week's Mods...

Ok...

I've started... there is no turning back now...

1st... I bought a SharkSkinz lower from Captain(something or another) on here last week, and got it Tuesday... Painted Wednesday... Installed Thursday...

It came primed, so i did some touch up stuff real quick, and scuffed it up... Stopped into the local CarQuest and had them scan the rear seat cowl to match the color, mixed it up, and got my paint and clear same day... Painted 3 coats of base color, 2 wet coats of clear, and 1 last clear sprayed heavy.... I will buff it out sometime soon, but its pretty shiny already....

PAINT COMPARISON ...

I picked up some Thermo Tec, thermo shield stuff at the parts store, lined the bottom with that...

Then painted over it with some blue engine paint... supposed to resist heat... Just to cover it up... (no pics with the blue on top, sorry)

And FINALLY, got it installed...

At certain angles... like the picture above, you can tell a very slight differance in paint color... but i'm not sure if there is really a paint color difference, or if its just the angle, or difference in plastics vs fiberglass, and the way the paint looks... But when holding them together, they look the same... just certain angles show the difference...

Here is a closeup of the paint after installed...

oh yea... I spent a total of $41.75 on paint/clear...

NEXT....

I chopped the rear fender out... But I didn't really want to ditch the plate light just yet... I'm planning on buying a intergrated tail light, which would have my blinkers and plate light built all in one... but untill then, I chopped the plastics, and relocated the bracket/light just under the reflector so its still functional..

I did not yet remove the side reflectors... I want to, but messed with them, and figured i needed to cut them off.. but forgot to do it.. So i'll do that next time i'm in the garage messing around...

PICS....

THEN..............

I had a leftover Blue headlight bulb laying around from another bike's headlight swap... And it just so happened to be the right bulb... Nothing fancy, but is the SuperWhite (blue) bulb.. So i went ahead and swapped that out too....

And even though i've heard its a paint... Its really not that big of a deal to swap the headlight while fairing is still attached...

And FINALLY... I haven't installed yet, because the temp is to low, and the wife won't let me bring the bike in the house... But i got some Blue wheel stripes off ebay, and they are ready to be installed...

So once i get a nice day, i'll put those on too........

I'm planning on adding the following things before Summer... Which my wife isn't thrilled about, since the truck currently gets LOADS of "Mod Money"... lol but its a toy, i gotta toy with it..

Undertail
Intergrated tail light/blinkers...
Flush Mount front blinkers
No Cut, frame sliders...
Hi-Mount exhaust - probably Jardine (and maybe the ones for sale on here)
Exhaust wrap

and probably some graphics.... Not sure what i'm doing.. But i think the bike needs some stand out graphics on top of the already PERFECT blue paint....
Old 02-15-2008, 05:51 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
Wow man! Looks freakin great! Good job!!! And for the record, I think the paint looks spot on.

KG
Old 02-16-2008, 05:24 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
I think that it looks awesome bro. I am looking even harder for a lower now. Only thing about the paint is if you are like me and know it looks a little different, it will draw your eyes straight to it from now on. Being a perfectionist really sucks sometimes. LOL...
Old 02-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
Great job....would look better red though. Just kidding, it does look good. Considering changing the color of mine sometime soon. Thinking about caddy pearl white. Dunno just toying with ideas for now.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Looking good Josh... Too bad we can't ride up here this time of year!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by ghopki1
I think that it looks awesome bro. I am looking even harder for a lower now. Only thing about the paint is if you are like me and know it looks a little different, it will draw your eyes straight to it from now on. Being a perfectionist really sucks sometimes. LOL...
I think i'm gonna add some graphics to it, which will help.... I think part of the problem is its all blue... the top has the radiator cut outs, and more detail to it, but the bottom is so solid, it looks like it needs something else... So i'll come up with some sort of graphics patter for it, and have my buddy do them up on his vinyl cutter thingy mabob...

RickB... DON'T RUB IT IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

thanks though...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

IF... its not raining in the morning, and it's really above 40deg like they say it will be... I may just go for a short ride.... I'm really really really wanting to put a few more miles on the bike... And since i got to add some toy's this week... I'm really itching to ride it...

Next day we get nice enough to really ride.. If your gonna ride, shoot me a PM and i'll take the day off work or something... My boss understands my need to ride... so if at all possible, he would certainly cover for me... AND... I've actually got plates and insurance on it now... So i'm LEGAL!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Squid

Big3 is on a distinguished road
what paint did you use? brand/code we have a CarQuest here

My buddies SH is the same color ....looking for a match
Old 02-24-2008, 08:45 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

answered via pm...