Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Superbrace or Coerce or?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Superstock

Upland111 is on a distinguished road
Superbrace or Coerce or?

Well, on my wish list is a fork brace. Now that my supension front and rear has been upgraded, would like to add a brace this winter, amongst other things. (Since I don't have the sweet upside-down variety up front)

My question, would you recommend Superbrace, or Coerce, or?
I looked at a bunch of old threads, and it looks like there is no preferance, but maybe I missed something?
Anywho- appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked my Coerce brace. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Superstock

Kind of funny, I just read this review on the superbrace from webbike world.........

"Conclusion
The SuperBrace Fork Brace fork stabilizer is a beautiful piece of kit, precision made in the U.S.A. It was sort of an expensive farkle in this case because we haven't noticed any difference in the bike after the stabilizer was installed. But, it sure looks cool!"

SO are they "Farkle"? Granted, this was a review of one installed on a DR650 so it's not a direct representation. Nevertheless it made me Chuckle. Go figure.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
I went with the Coerce as well and am very pleased. You can also re-use the stock fork protectors. Search for an older post of mine for a how-to.

As for "farkling" debate...if the stock forks work well to begin with, the brace will bring very little to the party. No one has accused the stock SH forks of being too good for their assigned task.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Squid

Mikael is on a distinguished road
I got a Coerce brace and like it a lot help stiffen up the front end nicely, that being said either would be good as they both do the same thing. Just choose which one you like best. Also the Coerce will allow you to use the fork protectors as nekkid mentioned.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I found that a fork brace really helped the stock front end on my bike.

Which flavor you choose is up to you.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Superstock

Folks, appreciate the feedback. Looks Like the Coerce is the cheaper of the two, but a Google search turns up more forum discussion than sales;(edit, I found one on e-bay).

Nevertheless, I agree with you nekkid that the stock forks are not comparable to modern USD forks, and stiffening up the stanchions by bracing can't hurt one bit.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
I have the Superbrace and noticed the front wheel does not follow cracks in the road as much.

Last edited by HawkRider98; 12-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I put a Coerce brace on my VTR last spring. It is a real improvement, not merely a farkle. I ride the access roads on the Niagara Escarpment frequently. The pavement on them is in very poor condition and the inclines are steep. The front end of the bike feels more planted especially on first gear, steeply inclined, descending 180 degree corners.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
The brace has the biggest effect in twisty road sections - right where you want it.
The brace prevents scissoring action by the stanchions. So transitioning from left to right, or right to left is much more precise. You feel it immediately. It feels like you have more leverage on the front wheel, which is a big, heavy gyroscope. You won't be disappointed, if you ride aggressively. There will be no difference on the freeway and barely noticable around town.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RCVTR
The brace has the biggest effect in twisty road sections - right where you want it.
The brace prevents scissoring action by the stanchions. So transitioning from left to right, or right to left is much more precise. You feel it immediately. It feels like you have more leverage on the front wheel, which is a big, heavy gyroscope. You won't be disappointed, if you ride aggressively. There will be no difference on the freeway and barely noticable around town.
and will also add that on my bike the braking was also improved when riding hard.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Superstock

SO this was exactly the kind of response I was hoping for, making it a worth-while purchase for those ear to ear grin twisty roads we all lust for.

What made me think of a Brace was riding Hwy 53 on which I was fortunate enough to ride three times this last summer, once on a trip back north up the coast after having visited Crater Lake in Oregon, and two more times on a trip to Manzanita, Or. Once in EACH direction. It's that fun.
It's this 19 mile stretch of road, here is the review....
Oregon Motorcyclist - Motorcycle Roads in Oregon

I realize this should probably be a new thread, but since I started it I figure I could thread-jack it. If you get a chance, ride it and tell me how you liked it next year. Enjoy the brake sliding...but be careful of blind corners and occasional road debris.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Banned
MotoGP

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...k-brace-23314/
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Superstock

AH yes, Thanks Hawk, Great write-up as always!
I remember reading this some time ago. I just printed it out for referance. Oh, and I guess I need to order a brace now to utilize it!
If any of you purchased a Coerce Brace somewhere other than e-bay, please feel free to let me know. I just wanted to have another option, but e-bay works if that is the only source. A Google search revealed just that source only for me.
Thanks again guys!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Squid

Mikael is on a distinguished road
Found this in the search maxmcdirect.com same company that sells them on ebay just their home site, its $10 cheaper on the site but the shipping might make up for that not to sure.