Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Superbrace, snake oil, high-end speaker cable?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Superbrace, snake oil, high-end speaker cable?

http://www.superbrace.com/

I've been told that forks are inverted to reduce fork flex. The above is supposed to do the same for standard forks. Is fork flex really that much of a problem? If so, do you have to be draggin your knee and hard on the throttle to notice it?

People also tell me that VERY expensive and broken in speaker cables sound better than regular lamp wire. I have what I consider a high end system at home and have played with wire, expensive and cheap and hear no diff.

Is this one of those deals that you need to be at the upper echelon to notice any gain?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Superbrace, snake oil, high-end speaker cable?

Fork braces are not the hot ticket they used to be since modern sport suspensions are much more rigid than the old spaghetti forks of old. One thing not mention much is that a beefy fork brace when installed improperly will ADD stiction to the forks action.

IMO for modern sportbikes on the street, they aren't worth it; better to put your money into valving and proper springs.

just my dos pesos......
Old 02-11-2005, 10:45 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

I somewhat agree with Superbling that you should first upgrade the SuperHawk Valves and Springs, but after that the add on of a fork brace helps the SuperChicken alot. SuperChicken is not quite up to par with Modern sportbikes. The forks were and front end were designed arounf 1996 and the industry has leaped far forward on suspension improvements since then.
A year or two ago a group of us on a previuos SuperHawk forum (Runlevelzer) did a group by from a company in KY named summers racing components. We all got a hell of a deal. I can difanently tell the addition of the brace especially on track days. The all aluminum brace is extremly light and i have noticed no stiction.

my 2 cents worth
Old 02-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Back Marker

Random

I noticed a big difference with my superbrace installed. The front end feels more solid, and transmits better feedback.

I've only met one other SH rider with one, and he swore by it as well.