Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

New VTR owner Spring Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Squid

liquidspace is on a distinguished road
New VTR owner Spring Question

Hey guys great forum and like most full of excellent info, however, I still have one simple question even after hours on the search.

What do I need to do to simply remove stock springs and replace with new RT .90 springs? No gold valves...just springs and oil. With my old SV I just needed to remove old springs and install new ones and adjust the spacers and oil./ VTR has the added complexity of dampening adjustment?

Can I do this job without removing the forks?

Thanks for any help or if you can point me to a post for spring replacement only ?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
It's pretty much the same. With the damping rod there's a little trick to getting the adjusters right. When you get your springs and oil lemme know and I'll walk you through it.....on second thought...

I knew I posted this before: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ping#post34368

If you want to replace the oil then the forks have to come off the bike, period.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Squid

liquidspace is on a distinguished road
Thanks Greg.....that's exactly what I needed! Got the springs and US-2 10wt oil in on Friday and should have it completed by lunch. I'll use a tube and brakeline bleeder to suck as much oil out as possible and next time I need to replace seals I'll remove forks and ALL oil......and maybe revalve at that time.

Thanks again!