Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Might be a lame or lazy question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Junior Member For Now
Squid

kenhawk is on a distinguished road
Might be a lame or lazy question

So awhile back something broke on my engine. i have not clue what it was but it had 30k on the engine so it could have been the cc's. Anyways, i bought an engine of ebay, 15k miles and paid a guys to install it for me.

Two questions, it is running rich and backfiring on decell and getting 19 mile a gallon. I used the carbs of the original engine and the exhaust. Is this something that I might be able to adjust myself? Better yet, is there a video out there? Ive been unable to find one

2nd, I would like to take the original engine apart. Just to check out the guts. Anyone know of a video showing how to do this? I know there is the manual but I work better off instructional videos. Likewuse, I have been unable to fine a video on this.

Thanks fellas and ride safe.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Superstock

bass4dude is on a distinguished road
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32880387/H...l-ENG-by-Mosue (via google)

pg. 89

If your carbs have 30k on them and haven't been cleaned there is your problem. Most likely culprit is jets if it hasn't been cleaned.

I see it a lot on the 80's Hondas that I work on; unless you're buying fuel from the airport (very clean), you're shoving all sorts of grit and additives in your carbs.

Check your air filter as well.

There are posts everywhere on this stuff.