General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

might as well???

Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Squid

ejizzle is on a distinguished road
might as well???

as you all may already know my r/r needs replacing so i want be riding anytime soon. So i was considering polishing my frame or having my frame polished. Anyone here ever done it before is it worth the time or the money?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah I have. Restored (literally) a gsxr and did EVERYTHING. Full frame, forks, swingarm, wheels (well one anyway and decided to go with dark painted wheels) subframe, Took me a whole year out of a two year project. Looked amazing when I was done but a R/R takes all of two minutes to change. Not the kind of downtime that would go along with polishing your frame...Going to bed but I can answer more of your questions about the process if you're interested another time, or just pm me. It's a LONG dirty process that requires constant maintenance to keep looking really nice. It does look killer though. I can't really tell you whether or not it's "worth it."
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Yeah I have. Restored (literally) a gsxr and did EVERYTHING. Full frame, forks, swingarm, wheels (well one anyway and decided to go with dark painted wheels) subframe, Took me a whole year out of a two year project. Looked amazing when I was done but a R/R takes all of two minutes to change. Not the kind of downtime that would go along with polishing your frame...Going to bed but I can answer more of your questions about the process if you're interested another time, or just pm me. It's a LONG dirty process that requires constant maintenance to keep looking really nice. It does look killer though. I can't really tell you whether or not it's "worth it."
for the love of god,dont do it!