Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

IceBud’s CBR1000RR front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Back Marker

icebud
Rubber side up don't work very great!! :(

Hi guys,

That make a while I didn't post news, this is a long stories about business and GF so you don't want to know!! But today I've some good news for you as the bad news have been for me before!!!

I'm now in the club of the dumbass who have lowsided their bike I won't elaborate too much on the circumtance as I'm very not proud of me, but to my defense I could say that I'm not the first one who drop is bike there and if the city don't do anything I won't be the last one either. To make a short story: strong rainny night, 90 degree turn just before a metal pavement bridge; I guess you see...

The accident happens some weeks ago, just before to leave for the summer vacation, what a crap... For chance, I was not too many injuried, but that was not the same for the bike!!! I've call the insurance to get it repaired, but instead they declared it total lost as the total of reparation cost was more high than the bike value itself, even with all my mods!! In fact, the insurance guy told me that a bike need a front suspension and a rear shock ( no really!! ) thus adding more better and expensive parts like those I had don't add more value to the bike!!! I said in myself, this guy have never drive a stock VTR to say this... anyway!!!

So, that was the bad news for me! Now, about the good news for you, I was able to save a couple of parts from the VTR before it goes to the scrap yard ( like anyway those parts don't add value, I re-install the stock parts before it goes away ) so maybe some of you could be interested by these!?

Before you ask, NO the CBR1000RR front end have not survived to the crash, the helibars either! In fact the whole front end of the bike have been bend after the bike hit the bridge while sliding on the side!! This is sorry I didn't think to take picture of the bike before the insurance come to take it away, they was so in an hurry that I just had the time to remove some parts before the towing guy take it away!! I was very surprise of this, but that was their bike now so what can I said!

I've pics of almost all the parts I've for sale. If you are interested, please see the classified ( https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...590#post129590 )

Thanks and cia

Last edited by icebud; 09-12-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear the bad news Icebud, lots of SH's for sale here. What's next for you or are you taking a break?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
It probably only brings out hurtful memories but when the server crashed recently all the pictures of your work were lost. Could you please reload them? After the bruises all heal there will always be another VTR to be had. I can't imagine that the situation with the GF had anything to do with it. GF doesn't want to be around to change bandages. That's OK - just weeds out the covergirls. BTDT - it get's better.

Pete says it best: "I spent thirty years listening to my Mother-in-law tell me I would be hurt while racing motorcycles. Then when I did crash at age 53 all I get is, 'I told you so!'"

Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
That's too bad Ali and I were just talking about our accidents. Too bad about the bike but I'm glad you sound like you made out ok. Hey at least if you build another one you know exactly what to do so it'll go alot easier. Glad you're ok.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Back Marker

KC-10ENG is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry that the bike got totalled, but I am glad that you are okay! Hope that you keep in touch with the board and update us on what you purchase next! A ktm superduke would be an awesome replacement for the bike that you just lost!

I really enjoyed the progress of your swap when you were doing it. I refered to it quite a bit when I was doing mine!

Dennis
Old 09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Back Marker

icebud
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Sorry to hear the bad news Icebud, lots of SH's for sale here. What's next for you or are you taking a break?
I took 1 month of "break" after the accident! Damm the summer is long without bike!!

The choice for the new bike was really really hard to make, I took the whole month to think about this!! That was very not an easy decision and like I said in my classified post; I really enjoyed the VTR... after the modification's!! This is why I decided to end the story, like my CBR1000RR front end was bend in the crash and that I no more have the time and maybe also the patience to do all these modifications again on another VTR, I decided to change of bike and by the way to change of bike style!

It's really with many regrets that I end the VTR story for me :cry Maybe I will come back to my beloved when Honda will released the all new VTR version in... 20??

I don't have many pictures of the new bike for now, but here's a clue for you about it ( more to come soon about this )

Thanks and cia
Attached Thumbnails -parts-001.jpg  
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Back Marker

icebud
Originally Posted by nuhawk
It probably only brings out hurtful memories but when the server crashed recently all the pictures of your work were lost. Could you please reload them?
OMG!! I though it was because of my browser that I didn't see the pictures!!

I remember it took me a whole evening to post all these in order!!! I don't promise you anything but I will try to repost them, but maybe they won't be in order this time...

Thanks for the interest and also about the comment!

Cia
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
MotoGP

Maybe you could just load them all into an album in the picture library. People are going to use them at random while they're referencing their own work. I would prefer that you put them back in the posts but that's entirely selfish. I have been printing all the builds - complete with pictures - for future reference/generations that I think are classics to the bike. VTRomey's 929 FE transplant took almost a third of ream of paper to print. Lou's CCT replacement was another printer buster but I got it all. Although it may be a little off forum, 'Bling's latest VFR creation is a prime example of what can be made of an old hat. Just cause your bike went away doesn't mean that you can't hang here. A new set of eyes is a good thing when problems are difficult. It's an especially good thing when that new set of eyes brings experience with it.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
SuperSport

kai ju is an unknown quantity at this point
Icebud's new bike

First of, I'm glad you're ok.
Secondly, I'm glad to see that you stuck with the naked theme.
I've always wondered what the new Speed Triple is like, excellent choice, let us know how you like it.

Congrats,

Kai Ju
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Icebud, send me the pics via email and I will edit your post and get them back on the forum. Unfortunately we don't have a picture gallery back up yet so there is no other place to put them.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Back Marker

icebud
The pics are back online, and I think in almost the same order!!

Damm, I was really cranked-up when I do this for the first time, hehe! For chance, I stored the picture in the same directories and in the same order!

I was also about to post some others pics of the VTR with is new striping I've make make after the swap, but I've realized that I didn't take anymore pictures of the bike after I finished the project and now it's too late, it's gone... nooooooo!! At least, it will stay in my mind for very very long time, God that I liked this bike!

Haaaaa, nostagia!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 PM
MotoGP

IB- you rock! What an effort and to do it twice is above the bar. Thank you! I never got the final shots of my Superhawk before my wreck. It's back now and it's great - it's just different than it was. I was proud of that build but this one is a bit more refined. Hang with us when you can and don't become a stranger just because this bike is gone. Bikes are like women and computers . . .
Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Bike gone, IceBud remains... In my book that's a win...

I'm curious, is the new Triple as leary as it looks? Someday soon I'm gonna get me a testride... The old one was kinda like a sledgehammer... nothing, still nothing...BAM!