Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

fork brace group buy? who would be intrested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
As a follow-up, has every one received their orders that ordered through FMI?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Squid

98blackhawk is on a distinguished road
are these still on backorder?i was thinking about ordering one but dont want to bother if im gonna have to wait 3 or 4 weeks.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
While I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and MFI, Superbrace is just one massive clusterfuck of an organization. I've been put off by them multiple times, each time being given a different date for when the black anodized would be ready. Once again, they're trying to pull some bullshit wool over both mine and MFI's eyeballs and say "oh, we're just having problems with the people who make them black anodized."

Whatever. I'll still order through MFI, but I'm finished with Superbrace.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
I know that Hotbrakes is still waiting for his BA superbrace, sorry to hear that you have not received your brace yet.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Still Waiting

SB moved locations and I think that is the issue. Today they said 3~3 more weeks (I ordered standard polished on 10-16-07)

At this point I'm not riding and still have not finished my bar conversion so it matters not when it gets here (until I'm ready to reinstall the main fairing at least)
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Superstock

I can't say I have a problem with them moving, or that I need my brace now. Moreso, it's the fact that they keep giving me bogus timelines when I could have had an equal (some would argue better) brace for nearly the same price. I just take issue when I feel like I'm being strung along and not just told outright what the problem is and a realistic timeframe.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Squid

98blackhawk is on a distinguished road
i was going to buy one of these,but since they are ongoing backorder ill just buy a coerce brace instead.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I can't say I have a problem with them moving, or that I need my brace now. Moreso, it's the fact that they keep giving me bogus timelines when I could have had an equal (some would argue better) brace for nearly the same price. I just take issue when I feel like I'm being strung along and not just told outright what the problem is and a realistic timeframe.
I agree its not the way to operate but they just can't say you'll get it when we get it; on the other hand stringing us along sucks too. I have considered canceling my order and going with the Coerce brace. I will have to think about it...
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by skokievtr
I agree its not the way to operate but they just can't say you'll get it when we get it; on the other hand stringing us along sucks too. I have considered canceling my order and going with the Coerce brace. I will have to think about it...
Actually, being honest with your customers is a much better way of operating then just assuming timelines that you don't know if you can pull off. It -definetly- shouldn't take 2 months before they actually look into the problem. And if MFI can get me the Coerce brace, I think I'll be cancelling this order too.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
SuperBike

Coerce Direct

Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Actually, being honest with your customers is a much better way of operating then just assuming timelines that you don't know if you can pull off. It -definetly- shouldn't take 2 months before they actually look into the problem. And if MFI can get me the Coerce brace, I think I'll be cancelling this order too.

Just get your money back from MFI and order direct from here

http://www.maxmcdirect.com/proddetai...od=DA035HS1101

they supposidly ship fast $134.00 delivered
Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Superstock

That's definitely an option I've considered, though I do appreciate what MFI's done and wouldn't mind continuing my business through them.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Squid

royalhawkdad is on a distinguished road
I am still on back order and waiting.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
I went to MFI a couple weeks ago and asked about my SB. MFI called SB and got the run around. It started off as everyone was out to lunch, then the BA's were back ordered, then they just moved, and finally...they don't have any, don't know when they will, and can't give anyone an answer. Bill at MFI ran up one side of their *** and down the other and did not leave much in between. I cancelled my order, got my money back, and a sincere apology from Bill. So if anyone else is waiting, call MFI and cancel. I meant to get this info out sooner.

Bill Bernhardt
Manager
MFI
703-583-9600
866-583-9600 (toll free)

This was not MFI's fault at all and SB got what was comin.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Squid

I had a call from SB a couple of weeks ago with the same excuses, but promising to produce and ship by the end of this month, which is tomorrow. I stated that I needed it by the end of February to give me time to install prior to a track day in mid-March. I plan to cancel my order tomorrow and order from the other link - I just hope they can deliver quickly.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
SuperBike

Latest Word on Delivery

I just spoke to Scott (the Owner) and he said they'll be shipping the standard polished units next week; those of us who ordered black anadized are going to have to wait "only" a couple or so more weeks for shipment.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Squid

I did cancel the SB and bought the Coerce brace - it is a very well designed unit - and arrived within days of ordering it, all the way from Japan (I think).
Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down when the "it's finally ready" post was up, i ordered, but...

... when i ordered chris said "2 days" to ship. now weeks later, he says "anytime now" , "next week" , "they're at the polishers" etc. this company (SB) is a complete joke. if i hadn't of already ordered w/ the fork protectors, i'd just cancel and get the coerce in one week, too. i don't know what their problem is, my machinist friend can get one of these copied in one day - on non-cnc old school hand run mill. absolutely ridiculous that they lie over and over just to run your cc and then hold you hostage. i've never seen anything like it in the business world. rant off.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:19 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
... when i ordered chris said "2 days" to ship. now weeks later, he says "anytime now" , "next week" , "they're at the polishers" etc. this company (SB) is a complete joke. if i hadn't of already ordered w/ the fork protectors, i'd just cancel and get the coerce in one week, too. i don't know what their problem is, my machinist friend can get one of these copied in one day - on non-cnc old school hand run mill. absolutely ridiculous that they lie over and over just to run your cc and then hold you hostage. i've never seen anything like it in the business world. rant off.
I agree but I am apparently more laid back about things. SB certainly should not be promising what they cannot deliver. I just hope they finally come through next week.

You can still cancel your order, whether or not you ordered fork guards. The Coerce unit is above average but is a 5-piece design versus the SB 2-piece unit. The Coerce also uses different ID nylon bushings in a "fits-all" aluminum clamshell "collet" on each slider and different length "bridge" pieces to fit various tube sizes and fork widths. No fork guard offered either.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

i just don't like the hard sell : "you can buy them now" only to hear that it's months of bs. then "they're ready now" and weeks of more bs. the internet (thanks Al G.!) makes the world small and companies not only need to be lean - they need to perform. we're not the first group buy to get screwed by SB.
i want the fork protectors; i ride "the pace" with others often who are a bit more squidly and the road debris is pretty heavy around here. and yes, i do think the design is better on the SB vs the coerce... but designs are not product delivered to your door in a timely fashion as promised.
i used to own a product/labor company. i ALWAYS added 20% in time, materials and money - all competitive bid. when done faster, better, and for less than contracted (often), i never had to advertise - word of mouth is better than any ad. when i had to turn down business, it hurt - but when my lead time got to 6 weeks, it had to be done. i expanded 3 times and had no problems with business continuity - it's not rocket science to plan ahead.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Squid

PRTSMN is on a distinguished road
i am interested
Old 05-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Wink it finally showed up today...

... the polishers took a holiday on the underside, but at least it's here. what's the best method to remove the stock plastic fork shields?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Posted a reply on your other thread. Double-poster!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

busted

Old 05-01-2008, 05:13 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
I'm interested, depending on the price...btw, they're $154.95 now on the superbrace site...
Old 05-02-2008, 04:36 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

the other thread has a number for chris at SB. i called a month ago and asked for the group buy price (and '07 pricing too, BTW). He said they'd had a price increase for '08, but would give me the group buy price (me thinking the whole time - "that's only what you should do, numb-nuts!"). it was 145 shipped w/ the $15 fork protectors. i think they should offer a discount off the group buy '07 price for SHOG buyers considering the fiasco they promulgated upon us.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 AM
SuperBike

the other thread has a number for chris at SB. i called a month ago and asked for the group buy price (and '07 pricing too, BTW). He said they'd had a price increase for '08, but would give me the group buy price (me thinking the whole time - "that's only what you should do, numb-nuts!"). it was 145 shipped w/ the $15 fork protectors. i think they should offer a discount off the group buy '07 price for SHOG buyers considering the fiasco they promulgated upon us.
I'll talk to Chris next we speak. I thought it should of been $119 + the $15 = $134 total???
Old 05-02-2008, 07:37 AM
SuperBike

I'll talk to Chris next we speak. I thought it should of been $119 including shipping + the $15 = $134 total???
Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

for whatever reason, it was 130.20 and 15.00 no shipping or tax, total 145.20