Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Exhaust question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Squid

V-Raptor is on a distinguished road
Exhaust question...

hopefully not too redundant.

I'm shopping for a set of cans. I think I've narrowed my decision down (based somewhat on budget of course) between Jardine black highs vs. scorpion stainless. Can anyone offer information as far as which are better in the way of craftmanship and performance? Pros, cons of each etc...
I know sound is subject to my personal taste. I want the meanest sound. Not necessarily loudest but meanest if that makes sense.
I'm not 100% sold on the look of the high mounts but if the Jardine high set up is superior in quality, I could be sold on it.

Much appreciated!

Gary
Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by V-Raptor
hopefully not too redundant.

I'm shopping for a set of cans. I think I've narrowed my decision down (based somewhat on budget of course) between Jardine black highs vs. scorpion stainless. Can anyone offer information as far as which are better in the way of craftmanship and performance? Pros, cons of each etc...
I know sound is subject to my personal taste. I want the meanest sound. Not necessarily loudest but meanest if that makes sense.
I'm not 100% sold on the look of the high mounts but if the Jardine high set up is superior in quality, I could be sold on it.

Much appreciated!

Gary

Go for the Jardine Oval High mounts, the up tubes are further back than the original Round high mounts and give more clearnace for your foot.

I have the Oval SS Jardine High Mounts and have been very pleased with them. Mine are the Street Baffle and after four years have gotten a little louder than they were originally, but note overly loud.

If i were doing it again i would probably buy the Race Baffle instead.

The SS ones are easy to keep looking new with Mothers Polish.

You can still use the rear pegs if you so like; however i opted to remove the pegs and brackets completly for a cleaner look.
Name:  DSCF0032.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  138.1 KBName:  Prom2006012.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 02-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Squid

Nice looking set-up, thumper! Thanks for the input too.

After searching a bit (yep, before I posted even ) I can easily find a ton of info on Jardine's here but "search" is bringing up nothing solid regarding Scorpion cans. They look pretty well made but a pic on a shop site is hardly enough to have me reaching for my wallet. If their rep for quality and function matches their looks then I'm buying.

Gary
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Squid

104 views of this post and one reply?! Did I post this in the wrong forum or something??

That or nobody uses Scorpion exhaust, period.

G.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I have staintune high mounts which are very well made, fit well and sound good. They also have the simple removable insert to change sound levels from between just above stock to a nice low sound. I have been very happy with them.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Back Marker

azhawk1 is on a distinguished road
love my two brothers , imhop one of the best for hondas. sound great and decently priced. also couple different setup options
Old 02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Cycle gear here in OKC has the Scorpion exhaust cans display and they look very well made, having said that they also have a 1 time 1/2 cost replacement policy (if you crash or drop your ride) and they cost more. I just put on the Jardine black highmounts myself.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I don't think anyone on the forum has 'em. The closest I came was holding one of their cans in my hands at a vendor at the track. Seemed well made and very, very light.