Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

'04 Super H Canoptomy and re-jet Question

Old 04-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
'04 Super H Canoptomy and re-jet Question

Hi, Ive been looking around the site and reading some of the posts and it sounds like everyone here has good advise about every situation / issue. So heres my situation and question. I am out of the country on deployment and my buddys father just sold me a '04 Super with 3,900 miles on it. The bike has been sitting for the past 5 years and will need to have the carbs cleaned since it was not drained or ran dry before storage. I was going to have my buddy cut the cans and gut them, put in a 2-bros baffle and packing and rivit them back together. Since I know this requires re-jetting I thought that since he has the carbs apart that this would be an opportune time for this. To make his job easier I was wondering if any of you have performed this task at an altitude of 150 feet (above) and can remember the settings you are running at. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Superstock

Awesome read with Kevin Cameron like detail. Thank you for the link and quick reply.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Sprung
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Honestly, due to the design of the stock can, I doubt you'll be able to do that modification with the TBR packing and such. Go to my website and find the "Bafflectomy" page. You'll see what I mean.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Superstock

Hawkrider, Thanks page of info. Very helpfull and also feling me make up my mind that the little bit of leave should be done riding, not tinkering... Sounds like the perfect project for rainy days up in WA, not down in SoCal with the Canyons calling me. I will give both of these a shot... I just wish the re-jetting wasnt such a hastle. I love to fine tune suspension because its just a click at a time, go ride... but having to pull carbs is just a pain after the 4th or 5th time. Again thanks to both of you.