Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Jet kit Needle question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 06:56 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Jet kit Needle question

That's because there is no correct answer for you. It depends on your setup. I'm running a dyno-jet kit and it called for #4 but it ran MUCH better on #5 with my 2Bros Ti-highmounts. I'm now back at 4 with some RC51 pipes.

Your anwer really is only 3 cap screws away. Remove the needle assembly from the other carb and see where it's set. Unlike the jetting, the needle position is the same on each carb.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble

not hard to get at, just have to be smark. i just did this crap, and yes it is crap. to get to that bottom screw you have to undo the two bands on the front carb boot -the thing thats rubber that mounts the carb to the bike. pup it out of the boot and you can reach that bottom philips screw thats closest to the front wheel holding the diaphragm/needle assembly in with a RIGHT angle medium philips head. thats it. done . PITA to work around that support bar but its ok. gettin it out isnt hard.. gettin it in with the spring is.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble

sorry, chase, have to disagree. lot easier to adjust af screws in 30 seconds than 30 minutes with your method, if all you need is a flippin dremel tool and a steady hand to make a flat slot on screw head. ok fine, if you dont have a dremel and your worried blah blah. they make a tool to attach to the nipple housing and adjust without removing anything. now were happy
Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 PM
SuperSport

jschmidt
Same as the other one.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:52 AM
Squid

Levib90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chase
Wouldnt it be easier to just pull the carbs and work on them out of the bike. Maby its just the fact that I had to do it 17 times to get the jetting right, but I can pull them change them and put them back on in less than 1/2 an hour.
You are right, i done it so many times that 15 min is already long😅 pop the carbs put and while at it, clean them