Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

SP FAIRINGS ON A HAWK? IT CANT BE!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
The Zebulon
Squid

Presidential is on a distinguished road
SP FAIRINGS ON A HAWK? IT CANT BE!!!!!!!

OK HERE IT IS............ I PUT MY BIKE DOWN LAST WEEK AND BROKE MY ARM IN THE PROCESS (LAME). NOW IM AT HOME IN A CAST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WEATHER OR NOT SP1-2, OR R FAIRINGS WILL FIT ON A SUPERHAWK. MY REASON FOR THIS IS SIMPLE; SP FAIRINGS ARE MUCH MORE COST EFFECTIVE AND EASIER TO FIND.
ANY INPUT IS MUCH OBLIGED.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Sorry about your arm. While you heal watch ebay, the forum, the resellers for sales on aftermarket stuff. The Superhawk fairings are unique. I replaced most of my set in 07 and it was the only reasonable economic option to restore the bike.

I bought the entire set of sides with the center for $480 shipped. I don't know if I hit Honda on a soft day or what. I think the front fender came from a memeber here for about $50 shipped. I bought the headlight module OEM after not being able to strike a deal on line. That was about a hundred bux.

It's the best and easiest fit.

I have a set of forks that I need to get out of the shop. .85 Racetechs with Gold valves set to full race. From a member here, not leaking, came off his personal race bike. Lots of guys here helped me my bike back up. At the time there wasn't much left of either of us.
Attached Thumbnails SP FAIRINGS ON A HAWK? IT CANT BE!!!!!!!-pic00001.jpg   SP FAIRINGS ON A HAWK? IT CANT BE!!!!!!!-pic00003.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM
The Zebulon
Squid

Presidential is on a distinguished road
GREETINGS NUHAWK, AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. LOOKS LIKE YOU TOOK QUITE A SPILL THERE. IM ON THE LOOK OUT FOR EBAY FAIRINGS, AND IM PRETTY GOOD WITH THE PLASTIC WELDER. MY MIND JUST WONDERS WITH ALL THIS TIME OFF.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 AM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Presidental welcome to the forum. BTW take your caps lock off and type lower case, it looks like you are yelling when you post.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:57 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
the most cost effective solution I could find when I was looking to replace my front fairings after I crashed my hawk was sharkskinz. I got the race front for street use. its all one piece, stronger than plastic, and cheaper than replacing with stock plastic. just need to mount a piece to the fairing stay, and paint.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
You can find a full ABS fairing set on ebay for the rc51 for 500 shipped. Sadly it will crash like ****, and I don't know how it will hold up to the vibrations.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Squid

goykbee is on a distinguished road
R Fairing for 1998 Superhawk for sale

I have a R fairing (red) for a 1998 Superhawk for sale. Brand new in box. My son crashed this bike before the new fairing was put on. Let me know if you are interested. $350. OBO plus shipping.