General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Cant Sleep !

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Cant Sleep !

First track days tommorow .Trying to make myself go to bed but I am just to excited .Bikes taped up, Trailer is loaded , gear is loaded, xtra gas, everyones keys in the glove box ( getting to the track and realizing you forgot your keys would suck !) , water/snacks in the cooler , Pop up tent , Tools ...the list goes on . Well I probably wont sleep tonight . I just hope I am not forgetting something I will give you guys a report when I get back . Wish me luck !
Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
good luck, wish I was goign with ya!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

996 is on a distinguished road
Have fun !
Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
enjoy....and stay off the pavement
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by calitoz
enjoy....and stay off the pavement
It's not a dirt bike track day. But I think we all know what you meant
Old 08-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Superstock

I thought I would let you guys know how the first track day went . I must say it was the most fun I have had on 2 wheels in a long time ! STT does a great job getting a novice to improve his/her skills while still allowing you to have fun . The morning sessions were pretty tame , but after lunch is when it gets fun ! We had a great control rider ( Marc Perrone ) . He gave us a few pointers , followed each rider for a bit then had us follow him .then give some constructive critism..and watched to see if we applied it & at the same time have some fun allowing us to up the pace to what we are comfortable with . Its amazing what you can learn in a short amount of time (And I still have plenty to learn). I would probably run the novice class again just to get on track instruction again . The last two sessions were the best . Six foot rule for safe passing , you don't have to stay with your group (Basically intermediate just with slower riders) Man what a blast . As for the Superhawk it didn't let me down . The only place it was at a disadvantage was on the long straightaway , coming out of turn seven on to the straight I could hold my own until about half way down the straight then it would top out ...and then the I4 liter bikes would scream passed me , then I would spend next lap reeling them back in only to see them run off again on that same straightaway ( which I totally expected ) What I didn't expect was that the Superhawk could PUT IT ON a few of the Ducati's on that section . It was neat reeling in & passing high dollar exotics on a $3800 basically stock 9 yr old SH Another place the SH really shined was the uphill corners like turn 1, 4&5 and out of 10b before the Suzuki bridge . The torque was very advantageous in these sections . The only problem I have now is how to feed the addiction $$$$ . A few more of these track days I may want to find me dedicated track bike . I would keep the SH , and find me a salvaged RC51 maybe ? ( gotta go V-TWIN ) I am actually already thinking of selling my pristine VF1000r garage ornament , Humm.... I wonder if the Barber Museum needs another one.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Back Marker

rooster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hrcvf1000r
First track days tommorow .Trying to make myself go to bed but I am just to excited .Bikes taped up, Trailer is loaded , gear is loaded, xtra gas, everyones keys in the glove box ( getting to the track and realizing you forgot your keys would suck !) , water/snacks in the cooler , Pop up tent , Tools ...the list goes on . Well I probably wont sleep tonight . I just hope I am not forgetting something I will give you guys a report when I get back . Wish me luck !
Man I know how you feel, I have one coming this Friday. Doing my first Ed Bargey trackday. It is a Race practice so talk about being the slowest one on the grid. My friends tell me I will do fine, just hold my line and the faster ones will pass (1 foot away from me). I will let you all know how it was on Saturday.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the addiction!!! I've got to get up to Barber one of these days. Tires seem to be the biggest expense, 2 days on a set of tires and they're spent!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by superhawk22
Welcome to the addiction!!! I've got to get up to Barber one of these days. Tires seem to be the biggest expense, 2 days on a set of tires and they're spent!
Oh yeah ! The rear tire especially the right side has turned into something that resembles a big rubber booger .I think it would be alright for one more track day ( I Hope !) I might get your advice on some things if & when I decide to make the SH a track only bike ...If you dont mind ?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 PM
WERA #44
Superstock

happytrack44 is on a distinguished road
NEVER skimp on the tires, Most boo-boo's I've had or seen have been tire related. Say hi to Ed, haven't seen him for a couple of years. Great school.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hrcvf1000r
Oh yeah ! The rear tire especially the right side has turned into something that resembles a big rubber booger .I think it would be alright for one more track day ( I Hope !) I might get your advice on some things if & when I decide to make the SH a track only bike ...If you dont mind ?
Not at all, anytime. I might be up your way next week to do some riding actually, up in the mnts.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
well when it rains it pours. I also had my first track day ever recently. it was on the 12th. also hosted by STT but it was at Autobahn raceway in Joliet IL. when the forum finally came back up I couldn't believe it when I saw this thread. I can relate to everything hrcvf1000r said.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
Sorry I missed you at the track. Sounds like a great time. Had a last minute opportunity to go race in the mud. 200' of mud in 3.765 seconds and still didn't bring home the money. Got beat by .003 seconds. Maybe next time I'll be ready for the track day.