Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Integrated Tail Light Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Back Marker

Northman69 is on a distinguished road
Integrated Tail Light Installation Help

Ok so I bought this tail light for my hawk and have a few questions... I know the plug on it goes into my factory brake bulb plug but as for the other 2 wires IDK??? I assume they go to the turn signals but do they go to the positive or negative? Any one ever hook one of these up before?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Yes the turn signals have two wires.. 1: Ground 2: power wire. Your new tail light wires will be connected to the power wire for each turn signal. The question is, on your light.. is the yellow wire the right or left TS? and same for the blue wire? If no instructions came with it, trial and error till you figure it out.
Besides those two yellow & blue wires, is there no third wire for ground? If not, must be useing the ground at the brake light plug for the whole circuit board.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Yes the turn signals have two wires.. 1: Ground 2: power wire. Your new tail light wires will be connected to the power wire for each turn signal. The question is, on your light.. is the yellow wire the right or left TS? and same for the blue wire? If no instructions came with it, trial and error till you figure it out.
Besides those two yellow & blue wires, is there no third wire for ground? If not, must be useing the ground at the brake light plug for the whole circuit board.
ok so the yellow and blue wire coming from the light goes to my positives from my turn signal wires... and no there is no 3rd wire from the light just the plug and the two wires you see in the pic
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Northman69
ok so the yellow and blue wire coming from the light goes to my positives from my turn signal wires
From the one picture you posted, No light brand name, with no wiring diagrams available, no instructions to read and the light not in front of me, but across the country on your table............... YES
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
From the one picture you posted, No light brand name, with no wiring diagrams available, no instructions to read and the light not in front of me, but across the country on your table............... YES
it will come in the mail on monday... and I dont believe they come with instructions the brand is Bike TeK