Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Integrated Tail Light Installation Help

Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Back Marker
Thread Starter
 
Northman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 107
Northman69 is on a distinguished road
Integrated Tail Light Installation Help

Ok so I bought this tail light for my hawk and have a few questions... I know the plug on it goes into my factory brake bulb plug but as for the other 2 wires IDK??? I assume they go to the turn signals but do they go to the positive or negative? Any one ever hook one of these up before?
Northman69 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:25 AM
  #2  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,246
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Yes the turn signals have two wires.. 1: Ground 2: power wire. Your new tail light wires will be connected to the power wire for each turn signal. The question is, on your light.. is the yellow wire the right or left TS? and same for the blue wire? If no instructions came with it, trial and error till you figure it out.
Besides those two yellow & blue wires, is there no third wire for ground? If not, must be useing the ground at the brake light plug for the whole circuit board.
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Back Marker
Thread Starter
 
Northman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 107
Northman69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
Yes the turn signals have two wires.. 1: Ground 2: power wire. Your new tail light wires will be connected to the power wire for each turn signal. The question is, on your light.. is the yellow wire the right or left TS? and same for the blue wire? If no instructions came with it, trial and error till you figure it out.
Besides those two yellow & blue wires, is there no third wire for ground? If not, must be useing the ground at the brake light plug for the whole circuit board.
ok so the yellow and blue wire coming from the light goes to my positives from my turn signal wires... and no there is no 3rd wire from the light just the plug and the two wires you see in the pic
Northman69 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM
  #4  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,246
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Northman69 View Post
ok so the yellow and blue wire coming from the light goes to my positives from my turn signal wires
From the one picture you posted, No light brand name, with no wiring diagrams available, no instructions to read and the light not in front of me, but across the country on your table............... YES
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Back Marker
Thread Starter
 
Northman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 107
Northman69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
From the one picture you posted, No light brand name, with no wiring diagrams available, no instructions to read and the light not in front of me, but across the country on your table............... YES
it will come in the mail on monday... and I dont believe they come with instructions the brand is Bike TeK
Northman69 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SuperMike
Technical Discussion
12
08-08-2014 07:46 AM
aja
Technical Discussion
40
07-17-2012 06:57 PM
spitfirerecords21
Modifications - Cosmetic
7
05-22-2012 09:59 AM
Hawk2445
Technical Discussion
0
06-24-2009 06:54 AM
seaton001
Classifieds
16
03-19-2007 05:46 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Integrated Tail Light Installation Help


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.