Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Stock Or Aftermarket Fairings?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Squid

Felton1 is on a distinguished road
Stock Or Aftermarket Fairings?

I bought my hawk in '07 wrecked. Undamaged frame & fully intact motor. Spent 6 months getting all the missing odds n ends... oddly the fairings were all there untouched.

The tag on the frame says its a 2000 ... but every 2000 model I see has a marker light above the headlight at the bottom of the windscreen. This one doesnt.

Just curious as to whether or not anyone knows why? Is it aftermarket skin or was there a model that offered it without?

Every set of fairings Ive found aftermarket or stock has this.
Theres no wiring for this either in my harness.... just one of the mysteries of my hawk
Attached Thumbnails Stock Or Aftermarket Fairings?-hawk-1-.jpg   Stock Or Aftermarket Fairings?-hawk-2-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
It's a sharkskiz fairing
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Back Marker

WhOrD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk View Post
It's a sharkskiz fairing
Sharkskinz IMHO are better if not equal to OEM quality. I would mark this as a cosmetic upgrade over stock replacement or 3rd party replacement. when identifying it to a potential buyers or fellow riders.

***It could have meant the bike was downed in the drive-way or some other inconsequential yet damaging "lay down." If a bike has replacement fairings unfortunately something "happened" to the originals. Whether the owner simply kept them to sell or re-coup expenses after changing the "look..." or the originals were damaged and required replacement for whatever reason.

At least quality replacement pieces (piece for sharkskinz as they are one molded piece for the front> were used. <Thumbs Up>

Last edited by WhOrD; 05-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.