Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Electronic Flasher Unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Electronic Flasher Unit

I bought my bike new and have gradually modded things as time passes like most here and I was never a fan of the OEM turn signals so I bought RC 51 Proton flushmounts for the front and the rear. I removed the OEM turn stalks and installed these which was a breeze since the '02 bikes are equipped with disconnects and cover the existing holes.

The Protons give a variety of installation options including normal flash rate and "cause epileptic seizure" flash rate with the option of retaining running lights as well. The problem I noticed was that the OEM flasher unit was ill equipped to deal with the new signals as evidence of different flash rates in the front and rear signals with the rear running lights enabled. Of course I toyed with the idea of adding resistors to the system but that just didn't seem like a clean enough setup and on the recommendation of a member here I purchased an electronic flasher (PN LF1-S-FLAT) from Super Brite LEDs Inc.

It was a plug and play installation and now all of my turn signals including the integrated rear flash at the same rate and while retaining the running lights. Don't kill yourselves adding resistors here and there when you can spend less than 14 bucks including shipping to fix it all at once.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
thats good to know,i was on that website and was wondering if that flasher was gonna work,i bought my protons a month ago and knew i had to change the flasher relay.but was unsure because it didnt say if it was for 2 wire or 3 wire flasher.
is the relay a 2 wire or 3 wire and i dont heave protons for the rear but i was gonna drop in led bulbs.
do you happen to know what the bulb type is in the rear turn signals 1156 or 1157
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
SuperBike

I don't know, mine are packed away in a box.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 PM
not a
Back Marker

jonjonsocal is on a distinguished road
I know this tread it old. but how did you connect the flasher. did it replace the original? Thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
SuperBike

Plug and play.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
I bought two of those flashers from SuperBriteLEDs, and they are great. I unplugged the old one on my bike, and the new one fit right into the existing wiring harness.

The hardest part about it was removing the side panel and finding the flasher.
Seriously. It's $10 and it's easy.

Edit: The flasher is found here.

Last edited by FTL900; 12-06-2013 at 07:54 AM.