Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Arizona Honda ripoff with Kisan modulator / flasher

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Les
Squid

Les
Arizona Honda ripoff with Kisan modulator / flasher

I just tried to install the Kisan P115W-DUAL pathBlazer headlight modulator. It's the one my dealer and Kisan say is for the Super Hawk. Not only could I not get it onto the bulb connector, when I was all done I had a blown low beam.....and I hadn't even turned the ignition on with the thing connected. Also, the hardware didn't match the manual. I'm an electrical engineer, am familiar with connectors and a decent home mechanic. I've contacted Kisan and will let you know what they say. It's going back to the shop regardless.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Back Marker

Utah996
Do you have a link for product info?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Les
Squid

Les
Re: Kisan headlight modulator / flasher sucks!

http://www.kisantech.com/

Since I posted I have talked with Kisan and apparently its not Kisan that sucks but its Arizona Honda that sucks! They sold a unit to me that had been bastardized and probably previously mounted onto another bike and that is why the cable didn't match up with the manual etc. Arizona Honda gave me a really hard time when I returned it, claiming I had bought the item "AS IS" and that I probably didn't know how to install it etc. I told them I was an electrical engineer and capable of installing this thing. I ended up writing a letter to Honda USA about the guy I was dealing with.

Having done a little more research on these modulators I'm convinced the one to go with is the KRISS, http://www.kriss.com/ They are operating their MOSFETS at well below their power capacity while the Kisan is operating very near their maximum. What this means to you and me is that the KRISS will last longer because its running cooler.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Back Marker

Utah996
So it flashes while you ride?

Sorry to hear that your stealership was giving you a hard time about the parts.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Les
Squid

Les
Re: Arizona Honda ripoff with Kisan modulator / flasher

Yeah, it flashes while you ride in the daytime. It has a light sensor to sense when it is dark out and at that time it quits flashing and is a steady beam. Personally, I like it and am going to get one, the KRISS.

Thanks for the condolences with the stealership. It's the last time I will go in there and am letting everyone else I know about how I was treated there. It's one of the largest Honda dealerships in the country too so I expect that Honda isn't going to be too happy when they see the letter I sent.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, wow! (a little off topic) greetings fellow tucson superhawker! i've never seen anybody else on here from tucson.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Les
Squid

Les
Re: Arizona Honda ripoff with Kisan modulator / flasher

Hey Inderocker. Nice to see another SH rider from Tucson.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:23 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
well... i haven't been much of a super hawk rider for the past 2 months or so. somebody tried to steal my hawk and completely eff'd up the ignition... it's just been sitting, collecting dust ever since...