Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Clip ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Clip ons

Has anyone on here ever tried/used Tomaselli Clipons???. I have a chance to get some cheap..brand new..adjustable.....can be set to match heli bars.. Going to check them out tommorrow...A little Ducati bling..cool make the old Hawk go like a 1098... woo hooo
Old 07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
ah, if it was only a matter of replacing clip-ons to get more performance.....
Old 07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Back Marker

Comfort

The guy/shop that has them says that they are adjustable for angle in two directions as well as height. So..I was thinking I would mount them as per the stock VTR bars and get some height and change the "droop" to equal the Heli-bars..which apparantly helps get rid of the "numb-hand". I'm living with the stock seat and bars..rode 11,000 k.m. so far this summer..but I weary of sore hands and butt..has anybody used or seen these clips/bars??
Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Back Marker

Tomaselli Clip-ons

Hey guys I found another alternative to heli-bars and or the superbike bar conversion or VFR bars. Just type in Tomaselli Clip-ons on Goggle search and have a look. I'm refering to the adjustable ones. Found a set by random chance through the bike nut owner of ACTION HONDA in Moose-Jaw Sask..He rides a VTR, very souped up CBX, plus numerous vintges Honda Cafe Racers..
Got a brand new set..put them on this morning..lot's of fiddling with wires, cables hoses..got them on..I'll try and post some picks tomorrow. Amazing..rode about 200 miles this afternoon...it's like having a brand new bike.. Check them out guys..all aluminum...look great..way adjustable..choose your setting..
Can anyone help me post the picks??

Old 07-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Back Marker

superbikemike
How Much? I've got a set of VFR bars in the garage I didn't put on yet. I've been living with the stock setup for two years now. The Tomasellis sound better but what's the cost?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Back Marker

Tomaselli Clip-ons

I'm sure they could be found cheaper, I paid $150.00. I haven't figured how to post the pics..I can try and e-mail some pictures to you.. I'm really pleased with them...fell in love with the bike all over again..so much more comfort in my hands..arms and even neck...places me better on the seat as well..
Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
David,

Go to photobucket.com and sign up, it's free. Upload you pics to them and then use their link to the photo here in a post and it will show up.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Back Marker

Tomaselli Clip-ons

Hey ..
The pass-word is on it's way..will post pics asap. Rode again today..main this amazing..You could go from sport-touring to track day with one wrench and some adjustments...They may be a little simplistic..but not totally..
Pardon my enthusiasm, I don't have shares in Tomaselli..but it has renewed my love for this bike..Live on plains..lot's of straight stuff..sigh..but now I have the ultimate cruiser blaster...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Squid

superbird is on a distinguished road
picture of them here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOMMA...57117QQcmdZVie

Glad hear you like them. Might give them a try myself. Thanx for the tip.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Back Marker

Tomaselli Clip-ons

Sorry guys..still having trouble posting pics on these bars..maybe tonight. I have some good shots that show the different height and angles..had to loosen some hoses and wires..re-route somethings but went quite well. Glued some rubber on the turn stops for the bottom triple clamp to restrict turning radius so that wouldn't kiss the tank..all clear with fairing as well..Pics will show it well. They look classy. The bars are solid aluminum...not aware of ay vibration issues..rode 200 miles..felt good.. Makes the bike even lighter handling...
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Back Marker

clip ons

Here are the pictures of the tomaselli clip ons
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Back Marker

Clip-ons

Getting the pictures on is harder than mournting them!!
If anyone is itching to see pic's send me an e-mail and I will forward them..still not able to post them..Sorry
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
try posting them in the Gallery, much easier to do....
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Back Marker

Clip-ons

Trying again
Name:  100_0079.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  22.7 KB
Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Back Marker

Clip-ons

Well..that went well?????[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Better?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Back Marker

Clip-ons

Thanks guys for helping sort that out. My apology for being so helpless with computer stuff. I hope the shots show the difference. About 3 in. back..2 in. up..wider and a very different angle. I undid the front brake hose mounting and the clutch hose mounting..gained some extra space..moved the front brake lines on both sides..mounted inside bracket not out..slipped about an inch of hose higher..loosened some wires...glued 1/4 rubber blocks unto triple clamp turn stops...can't lock steering and forced increase in turning radius. no interference with fairing...changed angle of front brake reservoir..But the comfort and handling..amazing..If you type in Tomaselli Clip-0ns it will bring you to a site where you can get them...I paid $150 Canadian..make sure you get right fork diameter..I think it's 41 mm.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Please Clarify

See in red below red, I ordered some Tomasellis today & may be selling my Helibars if the former work out

Originally Posted by Dave Wicks
Thanks guys for helping sort that out. My apology for being so helpless with computer stuff. I hope the shots show the difference. About 3 in. back..2 in. up..wider and a very different angle. I undid the front brake hose mounting and the clutch hose mounting define "mounting"..gained some extra space..moved the front brake lines on both sides clarify..mounted inside bracket not out clarify..slipped about an inch of hose higher clarify..loosened some wires clarify...glued 1/4 rubber blocks unto triple clamp turn stops...can't lock steering and forced increase in turning radius. no interference with fairing...changed angle of front brake reservoir..But the comfort and handling..amazing..If you type in Tomaselli Clip-0ns it will bring you to a site where you can get them...I paid $150 Canadian..make sure you get right fork diameter..I think it's 41 mm.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Dave is no longer a regular member here. He sold his VTR a few weeks ago. You might try a PM. He has his PM notification turned on.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
thanks Greg, any comments on the brace thread?

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Dave is no longer a regular member here. He sold his VTR a few weeks ago. You might try a PM. He has his PM notification turned on.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator
World Champion

No, not really any comments. My brace is from SMC (http://secure.srcinc.net/forkbrace.cfm) who no longer make them for the VTR. They were the first to make them and probably the first to discontinue them.