Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

TOMMASELLI ADJUSTABLE CLIP ONS A $100 COMFORT MIRACLE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Squid

bmwalfaone is on a distinguished road
TOMMASELLI ADJUSTABLE CLIP ONS A $100 COMFORT MIRACLE!

For you fellow SH riders out there that are looking for a more comfortable riding position I have found an economical solution. 41mm Tommaselli adjustable clip ons. I found them at Cosmopolitan Motors in Hatfiled, PA. They also list them sometimes on E Bay. I paid $99.95 plus $10 shipping. The delivered promptly. These bars move your hands up and back at least 2 inches. I was able to reroute lines etc. and this installation required no parts other than the bars. The bars are quality Italian aluminum castings and the hardware is high grade. This probably the best mod that I have made to my SH.
I just thoght that I would share this. I can e mail pics to interested parties. Contact me directly at rboelens@sbcglobal.net

Here is who to get in touch with at Cosmopolitan Motors to buy these bars - joe@cosmotor.com
Attached Thumbnails TOMMASELLI ADJUSTABLE CLIP ONS A 0 COMFORT MIRACLE!-superhawktommaselli000.jpg  

Last edited by bmwalfaone; 09-09-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Contact information
Old 09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Fairing trim

Originally Posted by bmwalfaone
For you fellow SH riders out there that are looking for a more comfortable riding position I have found an economical solution. 41mm Tommaselli adjustable clip ons. I found them at Cosmopolitan Motors in Hatfiled, PA. They also list them sometimes on E Bay. I paid $99.95 plus $10 shipping. The delivered promptly. These bars move your hands up and back at least 2 inches. I was able to reroute lines etc. and this installation required no parts other than the bars. The bars are quality Italian aluminum castings and the hardware is high grade. This probably the best mod that I have made to my SH.
I just thoght that I would share this. I can e mail pics to interested parties. Contact me directly at rboelens@sbcglobal.net
Did U have to trim the fairing or have tank interference issues?

Tanks
Old 09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
SuperBike

Is this it?

These them? Did U order direct; ie, not ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ayphotohosting
Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Squid

INSTALLATION ISSUES

No fairing trimming or tank problems. I glued some small spacers on both steering stops to slightly reduce the lock to lock travel.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Squid

ORDERED OFF E BAY

I ordered them off e bay. Your link is correct. If you would like more installation pics contact me directly at rboelens@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
It doesn't look like the bar ends fits properly. Can you comment? Also is the geometry adjustable for ride height? It would be nice to change from track settings to street settings.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Squid

Bar ends

The bar ends still need some work. I am using aftermarket ones. The holes in the end of the bar are not very deep so I need to modify the ends to accomodate the shallow depth. If fact I just got back from a 75 mile ride and almost lost one of the ends. You could adjust the position for track days quite easily.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Tomaselli's

I find this all very interesting. I had posted all about the Tomaselli's..shared the install process with several people...thought I had mine sold..I had paid $150.00 and saw them adverstised for $159. Now there is a guy who is claiming that he has found the dream mod.. for the superhawk..Hey...is this the same guy who sent me a money order that couldn't be cashed in Canada which we returned..and then get attitude because we were charging to much.
I still have mine for sale. If you can get them for $99 perfect..I will match that..if this a smoke and mirror show..contact me and you can the buy them for real. I even told a guy about gluing the rubber blocks on the steering stops..glad he thought of that...Let's have honour in the bike brotherhood..I thought my price was right..by what I paid and what I saw advertised..I've been riding since 1969...I would never rip off a person who rides..And I would never pretend that I found something and developed the install when I actually got it from another...I also have a set of stock CCT's with 4600 miles on them..Make me an offer...There now I feel better...

Ride safe
Trip
Old 09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Tomaselli's

Oopps
Allow me to correct myself. The person (John) who orignally intended to buy the clips ons..is not the one who is posting on this site re; the comfort miracle.. So ..sorry John..I'm cool with your choice. The other post is from someone who intially wanted to purchase the clip-ons but offered a lower price than I could accept...But check the forum July, August I was talking about Tomaselli's then. Guys if you can get a set...they truly are a comfort miracle...Mine are still for sale...as are the CCT's..I can walk you through an install..I offered that way back..remember Robert!

Ride Safe
Trip
Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Squid

OrionKeynes is on a distinguished road
I installed the Helibars, and am very happty with them, but these Tomaselli ones, having all that adjustmentnessthingymaboby could be really cool. Does anyone know whether the Tomasellis are actually higher possibly than the Helis installed?

onya
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
haha yeah
Squid

intoxxx is on a distinguished road
ill pay you to buy local and ship to me

I am not a search newb by any means. I cant find info on google anywhere about where to purchase a set of adjustable 41mm.

anyhelp?

Here is who to get in touch with at Cosmopolitan Motors to buy these bars - joe@cosmotor.com
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by intoxxx
I am not a search newb by any means. I cant find info on google anywhere about where to purchase a set of adjustable 41mm.

anyhelp?
why don't you email joe at cosmopolitan motors in the link above?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
SuperBike

the guy was weird, moved, had a shaky ebay rep but delivered for me though it took a bit and may have folded one business into another as the family split up..here is what I found

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vintage-cosmo/

http://www.cosmotor.com/index.html

I may have his contact info but try the phone number in the above link
Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
I ordered them off e bay. Your link is correct. If you would like more installation pics contact me directly at rboelens@sbcglobal.net
put some pics up so others might benefit since these are probably the most inexpensive and maybe the best looking clipons available. Maybe from your pics, questions regarding cable length and others could be resolved.

Also, if this vendor is interested in selling these, he might be able to provide a site or link where they can be viewed and described, etc, so that it's not so questionable.

Last edited by nath981; 01-12-2011 at 04:08 AM.