Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

No group rides planned? wtf

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

turbotim is on a distinguished road
No group rides planned? wtf

Wow! I haven't been on here in a while. What happened? Starting to get nice out and nothing going on. I guess I'll have to plan something. Getting chain and sprockets replaced this week so I'll post soon with a pa,de,md route. Anyone up for that? Tim
Old 04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll get back to you...
Old 04-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Back Marker

twinman is on a distinguished road
Count me in!!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:16 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Tim, over the years I've found it's difficult (and sometimes frustrating) to try and get a bunch together from here. I kinda gave up postin because of the lack of interest.

There is a GTG on May 4th. 8:30 breakfast @ the Golden Corral in Frederick MD on route 355 south of route 70 at 5621 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD.

I can post up more local stuff if there is an interest.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:08 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I'd do a ride, if nothing else conflicts.

BUT

really got away from group rides with strangers - Why - pretty much every ride I went on, someone crashed, cause they don't ride, their own ride (style) & tried to hot rod. One must know their limitations.

With that said, I'd love to ride with some other VTRs. Maybe at a rest stop we could yell at one another for not having enough chrome and dirty bikes.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Squid

ChikinLady1011 is on a distinguished road
Count me in too!! Work permitting of course...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
The YZF forum I belong too has a group meet at Deals gap every year the last full weekend of July. Its a lot of fun, everybody kind of does there own thing, we have groups that ride different areas, locals take non locals to some of the best roads and places to go in the general area with "geezer" groups and more spirited paces (I'm normally in the geezer group, I'm good enough to know I'm not that good lol). We all stay at the Iron Horse lodge and after the Prime rib dinner Saturday night we gather around a fire outside, drink too much beer, and tell old war stories all night long. While everyone rides the roads, the comrodery around the campfire Saturday night is why most of us go, I along with a few others go bike-less the years we don't have bikes just for the comrodery and conversation Saturday night (but the prime rib is worth it too )
Old 04-28-2014, 05:03 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
You guys swing by Phoenix and I'll take you to the sweetness known as I-17 during rush hour. I only plan rides during the summer, though.

Man I gotta move...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
You guys swing by Phoenix and I'll take you to the sweetness known as I-17 during rush hour. I only plan rides during the summer, though.

Man I gotta move...
My mother (who used to drive long haul truck) says she's been there and done that, and that she doesn't ever want to do it again
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Ill be riding from the boston, MA area to reading, PA for a couple days then to mechanicsville, VA for a couple days in about 3 1/2 weeks...

I do have alterior motives however, not just a joy ride
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Squid

Anyone in South Central PA wanna get together on First Fridays in Carlisle? Runs 5-8 pm at the Comfort Suites on Hanover St? First one is this Friday!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:35 PM
MotoGP

I'm still waiting on my caliper carrier to get back from powder coating. I'll definitely make it to a few though (first fridays).

What? No reply from Tim, WTF!!! j/k!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I'm still waiting on my caliper carrier to get back from powder coating. I'll definitely make it to a few though (first fridays).

What? No reply from Tim, WTF!!! j/k!
powdercoating in april/may?? that should've been done over winter!! It's ok...I'll rack up some miles for ya. I might break 10,000 this month.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

ok, I'm back

I'm having issues with my password. I'm back now. I'm up for any ride within a reasonable distance from my area. Fridays are iffy for me (Saturday or Sunday is best), but if I have a window of opportunity, I'll take it for sure. Bike is in the shop now so I'll be back next week hopefully. Testing out a new shop since the one I did use has shut down. New guy seems to know his stuff about Superhawks so I think it should go pretty good. Once I get it back, I'll be ready to get something together. I'm thinking west towards Prettyboy Res, then north up around Gettysburg or Jefferson. Wolv, if you know any good roads in the country around there, list them. I'm always up for some different scenery. I know 10 north from Rt. 1 towards Maple Grove Speedway is fun and 273 out near Quarryville is good too. I try to stay away from city areas where the idiot drivers are more concentrated. To all who posted, keep in touch and I'll do the same. Looking forward to getting something going. Tim
Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

Damn Wolv, I gotta sleep in a little more than that on my day off. Gotta sleep off the hangover a little bit. If it was 10am or so, I'd be in. How long do you guys hang out there? And yes, there is an interest. I hate riding alone.

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Tim, over the years I've found it's difficult (and sometimes frustrating) to try and get a bunch together from here. I kinda gave up postin because of the lack of interest.

There is a GTG on May 4th. 8:30 breakfast @ the Golden Corral in Frederick MD on route 355 south of route 70 at 5621 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD.

I can post up more local stuff if there is an interest.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

Check out the link to view map for potential ride. This will be the first leg of the ride. Second leg in the making if all are happy with the route so far. Tim

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whit...62c006!1m0!3e0
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 AM
MotoGP

The PA part is a snoozer. I'll send you some suggestions.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

OK. I appreciate any suggestions. Not familiar with that area and don't want to end up on a cratered up PA road so just stuck with the main ones. I kind of wanted to go a little further west but no direct route to get there. I figured the second leg would probably go across Susquehanna river just north of Lancaster and try to make one huge 200 mile loop. Anyone else near this area that knows of some good roads for the second leg feel free to add to this. Once we get a nice completed route, we can try to make it a weekend that accommodates everyone's schedule. I'm thinking last weekend in May. How's that look for everyone else?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
Tim, there's an Open House at Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown this Saturday. That's a nice ride from where you are. Take surface streets around to 70 West or all the way there. Food, music, etc. once you get there. ARAI has a new sun visor on the market and I'd like to pick one up if possible. Sunday, the City Market is open where 83 begins (or ends) Downtown. Head down there for a unique breakfast experience and you can park on the sidewalk next to me. There's a shop, JnB MOTO in Wrightsville that hosts a first Friday get-together. Map out the roads nearby and you'll see plenty of awesome goodness. The road to Indian Steps is my favorite. Also, for the ultimate group ride in our area, ROLLING THUNDER is in a couple of weeks. That's a BIG group to get in with. As I currently find myself "between jobs" I'm hoping to get down to D.C. for that event. Also, look up JALOPY SHOWDOWN in Lattimore Valley. That's in, I think, 2 weeks. A nice ride and big fun once you get there.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by turbotim
OK. Not familiar with that area and don't want to end up on a cratered up PA road ... Once we get a nice completed route, we can try to make it a weekend that accommodates everyone's schedule. I'm thinking last weekend in May. How's that look for everyone else?
1) ALL of Pennsylvania's roads are cratered thanks to PennDOT's [in]ability to spot-patch a road without making it worse. Superhawk = Enduro in some cases.

2) I am very familiar with the areas to the north and west of Lancaster and can help plan the Susquehanna Valley leg.

Last week in May is a good weekend for me!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
ChikinLady, are you related to ChikinTrkr? That's a name I know from another area of the web.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by sheldonsl
ChikinLady, are you related to ChikinTrkr? That's a name I know from another area of the web.
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe I'll swing by his/her profile and say hi...
Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

Thanks for this info on these events. Sunday depends on what time. Pm me and I'll give you my cell # if I haven't given it to you yet. Wrightsville is just a few miles from my work. How often do you go there? I know Indian Steps very well as it is an alternate route for me sometimes. I'd be in for Saturday but already have plans and it looks like rain that day anyway. Just pm or call me on the weekends to ride if you decide to do a random cruise up my way. Thanks again, Tim

Originally Posted by sheldonsl
Tim, there's an Open House at Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown this Saturday. That's a nice ride from where you are. Take surface streets around to 70 West or all the way there. Food, music, etc. once you get there. ARAI has a new sun visor on the market and I'd like to pick one up if possible. Sunday, the City Market is open where 83 begins (or ends) Downtown. Head down there for a unique breakfast experience and you can park on the sidewalk next to me. There's a shop, JnB MOTO in Wrightsville that hosts a first Friday get-together. Map out the roads nearby and you'll see plenty of awesome goodness. The road to Indian Steps is my favorite. Also, for the ultimate group ride in our area, ROLLING THUNDER is in a couple of weeks. That's a BIG group to get in with. As I currently find myself "between jobs" I'm hoping to get down to D.C. for that event. Also, look up JALOPY SHOWDOWN in Lattimore Valley. That's in, I think, 2 weeks. A nice ride and big fun once you get there.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

First leg revised route

This should be a little more interesting than the previous. Now we have to get from Boiling Springs to the Lancaster side. Any suggestions?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whit...ad4516!1m0!3e0
Old 05-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

second leg suggested route

Not quite sure on this one but it's a start. I'm definitely going to need new tires before this ride. You guys/girls think we need to make a stop somewhere and make this a two day'r?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1499...79661e!1m0!3e0
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

I just wanted to follow up on this so I'm not leaving anyone hanging. As I've stated before, my tires are near their end and I'm just trying to get by as long as I can before I have to get new ones. If anyone that was interested still wants to get together to ride 50 miles max, I'm in, but this planned one turned into a pretty extensive ride. This would have been a go but my daily driver cage is in need of some top priority maintenence + I blew the engine in my play car. I wish I could get them all fixed in one shot but current finances will not allow. At least I got the chain, sprockets, rear brakes, & battery out of the way so I can still ride to work on the nice days. Sorry to disappoint but this ride will happen. Just later than sooner. Tim
Old 05-29-2014, 05:15 PM
MotoGP

Understandable Tim. House work and my kids ball games have severely limited my two wheel time this year. I'd love to do a meet/photo shoot. Like I said earlier, getting everyone together is a challenge.