Knowledge Base Feedback, Questions on Knowledge Base articles.

DOES YOUR AREA HAVE GROUP RIDES?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Squid

raptorrider is on a distinguished road
Smile DOES YOUR AREA HAVE GROUP RIDES?

Through a friend i meet a loose group of sportbike riders. The group meets daily at 6:30PM and 2:30PM on weekends at a motorcycle dealer in Omaha, Ne. The number of riders has ranged from 6 to 28. We go on various lengths of rides, usually seeking twisty roads. Often the rides stops at a small town for a ice cream cone or a soda. When we hit open space speeds can really climb up for short bursts. The fun thing about the group is the different ages and ethnic groups all sharing a love for riding. Most days GXR-S dominate the bike count, I Have the lone Superhawk, although occasionally a RC51 guy rides. We have to be careful when there is a big group and use a variety of hand and foot signals to communicate. All in all its much more fun with people who share your passion.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I am not a member of this forum: http://www.azsportbikes.org/ but have met several of them on rides of my own. They do group rides fairly regularly from what I was told.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
I ride with a group of guys over at VFRD, although I usually ride my CBR 'cause some of those guys really haul azz and I need to keep up.

Hmmm... I'm posting on a Superhawk forum about riding a CBR with a bunch of VFR riders.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
I have two sportbike forums to choose from locally. Both of them are getting close to a thousand members. I'm an active member of one of them. I'd say there is an average of three or four rides per week during our short Minnesota riding season. Anything posted on the forum is an open invite to all members. You must post an exact date, time and place if you want to host a ride. Along with the general route and the pace you will be running. Newbies to pros are welcome on any ride. Forum rules state that you must wait for all riders at every stop or change in direction. Rides range from just a few riders to a hundred or more for big events like the season kick-off. Everyone must read all the rules about hand signals and proper etiquette for group riding. Helmet, jacket and gloves are the minimum requirement. Many ride in full ATGATT.

In addition to group rides, events of all sorts are discussed. Some members organize parties or a day at the beach in an effort to bring everyone together. Kick stand events and stunt sessions pop up every now and then. It's a great way to meet some cool people of all ages in the area.

I just learned about these great resources this spring. I wish I would have known this was going on a long time ago. No more boring rides just commuting to work or running some lame *** errands. Anytime I wanna go hit some twisties I just post up. There is almost always someone willing to join.

Most of the rides lately take place in south western Wisconsin. Last Monday five of us rode over five hundred miles on some of twistiest roads I know about. Wildcat Mountain, Mindoro Cut, Twisty 60. I cant imagine a better way to spend a day off work. The only down fall is that I'm eating up BT-016's almost as quick as the hawk eats the gas.

If anyone's near the twin cities area and wants to check them out:

http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/forums/ ......MNSBR-I'm not a member but know a few guys who are. Larger, been around awhile.

http://teamzg.com/ ......ZeroGravity-This seems to be the more popular of the two, yet still a fairly new forum.

Last edited by mboe794; 08-19-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
One group that I ride with, which isn't by any means a regular group. There's something going on every saturday and sunday and sometimes during the week. Dozens of other large groups down here too.

I was just at the track (Palomar Mountain) on Sunday with some of them, and the thousands of other riders out here. We cover the entire county and even led a group to Vegas. The routes are basically only limited to how many different twisties we can run in a day.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Squid

kfkraenz
I am a member of sport-touring.net. In addition to general tips for ST riding and ride reports, they have a regoinal sections. In the regoins, there are several sub groups that get together for rides. For example, I follow Region 6 which includes Virginia to Maine. I look for rides/events in the NJ/PA/DE/MD/NY areas and either join in the ride or get ideas for a solo ride later.

On the last ride, we had a KLR 650, 2 harleys, Superhawk (me), Ducati, Buell, and a V-strom. It was a good group of riders and the group leaders found all sorts of twisty roads and even took the time to put together the history of the area and some of the sights.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
yeah i ride with dfwsportbikes occasionally. small group with weekly rides. but i mostly ride alone. i have found that my riding style doesnt really match up with a large group. the problem i have is that when riding in larger numbers things get to complicated. the larger the group the larger the skill levels differ, i really hate having someone infront of me nail the brakes mid corner. im not the fastest rider but it seems like ill have to be all over the brakes when a curve approches and then nail it in the straights every time i group ride. i just like good old smooth riding and when the speeds amp up i dont need any suprises in the middle of a curve because some one took it to hot for their skills.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
www.swmosportbikes.com
Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
my e-penis is huge!!
Superstock
Superstock

SPRHK is an unknown quantity at this point
I am usually the one planning morning Sunday rides. We have a group that ranges from 2 to 15?. mostly sportbikes. We usually meet up at a local diner or D&D, grab a bite & head out. We average about 125-175 miles on average, and usually back in town by 1-2pm. Anyone in the area who wishes to hook up sometime, PM me your email. I will put you on the list of my invites.