40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

WHAT to Do? I want your opinion

Old 11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
WHAT to Do? I want your opinion

Originally I couldn't decide between coke or pepsi so I needed help from you guys. But since I looked at it again this morning at my bruise dSH, I have decided to fix her up and have a Sprite. Thanks all for voting.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I was first to vote so I should get first dibs on the stuff...lol
Old 11-21-2006, 05:59 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I've parted one entire bike out before and it's an incredible amount of work, and more importantly, TIME. I actually made more money than I would have selling it outright since it was 1) a non-runner and 2) relatively rare (compared to a superhawk) so bidding was always good.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Tough call but either way Lou at least you still have another one. Just find it a good home...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
What do I want you to do? Part it...I need a few bits. What should you do? Depends on what you have time for. I don't know if I'd have the patience to part a bike out even if I could make a few bucks more. I'd probably just fix what was needed and sell it lock stock.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
It's really up to you, if you can get more cash by parting it out then I would go that route
Old 11-21-2006, 10:07 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I think Superbling has it right. It might not be a matter of the cash - it might be the time. As I remember you had a long list of things you still had to do to the fighter project. Sure you got time to wrench on this one too? Another consideration (if you don't have the time) would be to send it out and have it repaired. Do the repairs under strict instructions to the mechanics and ride a tight rein. Get a deal on labor if you're willing to be a back-burner project for them but they need to make her roll come Spring. Maybe by that time prices on Superhawks will rebound some. Maybe by that time you'll reconsider or have better reasons to do either. Why pull the trigger when there is no target? If it were my bike I would try to bring her back as best as possible recongnizing the fact that they're only new once. Having recognized that, I find distinct pleasure in using some things up. Superhawks are a perishable commodity and they are being scrapped, parted, junked and in my case driving the hell out of it. For me, it is my streetfighter project just the way it is. I think the parts for the Superhawk, whether stock parts or aftermarket are already losing their present (and price) in the market. This is a trend that will continue until only a few are left. But by that time those bikes will be just eye-candy anyway!

Gzzz! I gotta tell ya! We took one of the D&D's that you sent me and had the guys down the street bend me a little middie (just as a test) and mounted it on the VFR. We're going to set up a high mount with it Friday. We did about 60 miles through town tonight and it was an absolute blast. The kid and his GF ran flank on his CBR. It's kinda noisy but in a good way. I guess it's just LOUD:-D

But I was out on the Superhawk twice today so I got to make up for all the wrench time I've been spending. The weather here has been fab!

Good luck with your decision. And BTW - not to decide is, in itself, a decision.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I didn't vote because the correct answer is not shown - fix it and keep it!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried to sell mine last spring, and got one lowballer and that was it.
And it was cheaper than every other VTR in the trader.

the used bike market will suck ***, as long as new bikes are relatively cheap, and easy to finance.

Having said that, it would be a nightmare to part out anything, just the hassle of the listings, and shipping.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
MotoGP

I'm with Jamie on this one! But I did vote!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Nevermind...I am going to fix her up. I took her apart today and the more I did, the more it made sense to fix her instead of disection. Catalogue and post for ebay would be much more time consuming then to buy parts from some of you guys. So, I need the following;

Stock Signal
clutch lever
Left faings
bar ends
grips

Got;

Pegs - Thanks Selztoad
exhaust cans - Ebay..Didn't need new ones but couldn't resist the deal ...thanks to Captain
Mirror - 80 + 120 + 320 + 600 + 1000 + polish=NEW again
Old 11-27-2006, 03:32 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
With such little damage I'm surprised you considered parting it out in the first place! I'm really glad to hear that you are going to keep the bike.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Squid

barkmagnet is on a distinguished road
Calitoz,
shoot me a couple pics of the fairings, I can fix almost any plastic.
I bought crashed fairings on e-bay and did a windsheild mount transplant on mine, grafted pieces together. Mine had the tops of the fairing up by the windsheild cut off. I bought crashed up ones off e bay and a few hours later........ If you have all the original pieces its even easier.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by barkmagnet
Calitoz,
shoot me a couple pics of the fairings, I can fix almost any plastic.
I bought crashed fairings on e-bay and did a windsheild mount transplant on mine, grafted pieces together. Mine had the tops of the fairing up by the windsheild cut off. I bought crashed up ones off e bay and a few hours later........ If you have all the original pieces its even easier.
will do so on the weekend...but you are so far away..might not be justfied given the shipping. I know it is very expensive from my end to ship to the US...comparatively within the 48 states
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM
MotoGP

I don't get it! It's not staying here and it's not a sale so what makes it so expensive - it can't be the exchange rate. You have that not-so-funny tax up there that seems to apply to everything for no apparent reason - does that have to be paid? I'm on the other end of the stick being right next door to Mexico and all the bullshit we put up with trying to do business with neighbors.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I don't get it! It's not staying here and it's not a sale so what makes it so expensive - it can't be the exchange rate. You have that not-so-funny tax up there that seems to apply to everything for no apparent reason - does that have to be paid? I'm on the other end of the stick being right next door to Mexico and all the bullshit we put up with trying to do business with neighbors.
It's call FREE HELLTHCARE.... ..I don't know why either. Probably has to do with volume of shipments too. It can get rincredibly annoying at times when you quote someone with it and end up costing more. Varies greatly from one shipper to another and usually I end up calling 3 just to try to get the best rates. Thus far suprisingly Canada Post have provided the best service and price. But that can change tommorrow...BTW you still have $ with me....hmmmm...what to send......
Old 11-28-2006, 08:31 PM
MotoGP

Dood! You need to keep the money until the great Silver Bird flys again! I'm glad you're building her back. I suppose this puts the fighter project on a bit of hold but ain't that groovy in it's own way? I saw that you bought some new cans on here recently. Are they going to be high mounts?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Dood! You need to keep the money until the great Silver Bird flys again! I'm glad you're building her back. I suppose this puts the fighter project on a bit of hold but ain't that groovy in it's own way? I saw that you bought some new cans on here recently. Are they going to be high mounts?
I can't help but spend lately....but it's for a good cause:-D ...anyway the cans are not high mounts but should look cool nonetheless.