Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

May I get your opinion

Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Back Marker

georonimo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb May I get your opinion

I have a 2001 Superhawk that I have posted on this forum a couple of times but was not very good about following up since I wasn't getting notifications of responses.

I am looking to get rid of this bike due to debt, lack of room, and DEBT so if anybody has any ideas or opinion on what I should do, please let me know.

16k miles (maybe 16200) no more on the bike
Motul every 3k miles
Yosh slip ons
Vortex 16 tooth sprocket
Stellar Fairings
New Battery
Rear Seat Cowl

question is
PART IT or
STICK WITH IT (sell)

I appreciate everybody's help
Old 03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
If you love it/enjoy riding it.....keep it.
If you don't ride it, don't like it...sell it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Rpv... I dont think that's what he meant...

I think he wants to know if he should part it out... Or sell out as is. Either way it sounds like he wants to sell it. So I dont think "keep it" is an option.

Parting it out.. hm. I just saw a guy on ebay that parted a '04 out. I bought the swing arm for $10. So parting it out may not get you what you expect to get for it. Plus you have to take the thing apart, and ship out parts to individual people.. lots of hassle. Though, you will be more likely to sell the parts than the whole bike... we all need parts. lol...

On the other hand, selling it out-right you are limited to the market of people that are interested in it and by geographic location. Generally people will not buy a bike from across the country, unike parts. Plus it's just a shame to part out a perfectly good bike.

My $.02.. (keep the change)
Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hang on to it for 2 years & I'll buy it to replace my current Super wHak!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
You're right, I totally misunderstood.

If you've got lots of time. part it out on ebay, and just keep the parts out there with a decent reserve until they sell. SOMEONE will buy em eventually, but you're gonna have to babysit the auctions, answer questions, etc..etc..

If you don't want that hassle, sell it whole.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Back Marker

Darkone22 is on a distinguished road
Sell it as a hole. Will be easyer on u to do that.U want have to do all the break down and prep and ship. Just put it up for a good price set back and see what happends. and look on the bright side of things if it dont sell thats the bike gods telling u to kept it and love it for the rest of its life. and u know as good as me u cant have to many bikes. To bad my wife dont see this as a option.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Back Marker

georonimo is on a distinguished road
Wish I didn't have to sell

Yeah the problem is this has been a commuter bike and seen the canyons 2 or 3 times. I thought about keeping it but I could use the money for a backyard for my dogs. Parting it would be fun just to tear the bike apart but selling will be a pain. Well, I am taking reasonable offers for it and as I have stated before in my previous posts trying to sell it, I will deliver it if it is convenient. i.e. live in a town no more than 8ish hours away and allows me to do something cool - vegas area, tahoe, SF. I appreciate everybody's input on this and look out for posts if I do part it cause I assure you all that the part's are well groomed.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I would try to sell the bike rather than parts. Running back and forth to the mail store for a thousand parts is a PITA. If you can advertise parts you can advertise the bike. List it in all the cities CraigList that you wish. Delete and relist often to keep your ad in the first few pages. Look for forums where you can list for free. Prices on Superhawks are up in price for spring (stands to reason) so I would get to work immediately. The fact that your bike is bone stock is almost a good thing because that makes it a "known quantity" - you don't have to dig through somebody else's mods to do yours. If that doesn't work you could always sell it for parts but sell it to one person for parts.