General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Triumph T595, any personal experience...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
Triumph T595, any personal experience...?

Found this while surfing around and looks like a nice "one off" bike, slightly up from the S'Hawk. I'm not really in the market... just looking around. The S'Hawk was my first and only, "owned bike" and I honestly don't need more power OR speed, I'm just looking around for something else to ride without being a disappointment from my S'Hawk. Has anybody owned or spent some time riding one of these, it does look nice!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
It's a Triumph triple, so you cant go wrong there... Like it's cousin the Speed Triple it has a deep growl and likes to wag the front wheel in the air...

A sanitized Speed Triple... Not that that means much... The triple is oodles of fun down low and has a big fat middle of the rpm band but runs out of steam a bit before even the twins... Long'ish gears makes it both a hooligan and a decent sporty tourer... In the same way the VTR is...
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
The Triumph triples get amazing reviews and everybody loves 'em! If I had space, more money, and a biker wife I would add one to my garage in a heartbeat! However, real world kicks in, so I compromise with an Impala, Dodge Caravan (for dog), Wife, Scottish Deerhound (that's the dog BTW), Buell Lightning and the venerable VTR 1000....

Last edited by CANADAVTR; 04-03-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
No expert, but I'm on my third Daytona 595/955, have had a black '97, a red '98, and currently a red '99. Great bikes, like the SH they are not class leading bikes, so are overlooked in the resale market by people who need the the latest and greatest. Rock solid handling, outstanding brakes, high quality build, fast, comfy, lots of character, tons of torque, and an barking exhaust note unlike any other. (as long as you ditch the factory pipe, I've had the Triumph race pipe and a couple of D&D high carbons) My buddies have always said they could tell when I turned onto the front straight at Road America, and screamed up the hill towards start/finish. I plan on keeping this one for a while.