General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Triumph T595

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Squid

yellafella
Triumph T595

Anyone owned or ridden a Triumph T595 ? What are they like ? Power, handling,brakes, etc ?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Back Marker

Utah996
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mctriumph/t595.html

Its not ugly. Not my cup of tea.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Squid

yellafella
Re: Triumph T595

Been offered an exchange. Yellow of course. Am tempted though !
Old 09-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
I've ridden the triumph daytona 2003 - good power, good brakes, handled pretty well too. I'd say pretty close competition for the S-hawks. F.I. on the motor is a plus too.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Back Marker

Utah996
What year are you looking to trade for?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:08 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey cyder77 you got awfull purtty all of a sudden.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point

it can't be comperable in torque though. I recently rode an 04 zx-636, and it felt like such a doooog until 10,000rmp. by that point everyone within a mile knows you're trying to go fast. anyway, I don't think I can go back to an inline-4 600cc bike now. I was trying to for a while, after I crashed the SH and then when we were getting reaquainted this season, but now that it doesn't scare the bejeezus out of me anymore, nothing less will do. the big advantage of triumph sportbikes is the stuff that they have stock. typically they have better brakes and suspension stock than a 600cc jap bike. but you pay a price in weight. they are as much as 30lbs heavier on average. but then again, it's still not as heavy as a SH. also ask yourself how hard will it be to maintain? is there a triumph dealer near you? will parts & labor be more expensive? basically all the questions you would ask if you were buying a ducati.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Squid

yellafella

Yeah, its a 97 model, ( oval lights ?) 995i, dunno why they call it a 595 too ?

Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Back Marker

bluesman

Easily convertible into Speed Tripple just rip fairing off and stick Bates lights on

Seriously - I never had one, but heard some doubts about reliability coming from owners who had troubles with electics and gearbox. Still think that it's more of lemon situation, if it bad from start - it'll be bad and generally it just must be OK reliability-wise.

IMHO If you rip middle front fairing off it will look cool - bit like classic Laverda! 8)

There was good reviews of that model on www.motorcycle.com

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mctriumph/t595.html
Old 09-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
Hey Thanks! Thats my girl.

Originally Posted by swordfish";p=&quot
it can't be comperable in torque though. I recently rode an 04 zx-636, and it felt like such a doooog until 10,000rmp. by that point everyone within a mile knows you're trying to go fast. anyway, I don't think I can go back to an inline-4 600cc bike now. I was trying to for a while, after I crashed the SH and then when we were getting reaquainted this season, but now that it doesn't scare the bejeezus out of me anymore, nothing less will do. the big advantage of triumph sportbikes is the stuff that they have stock. typically they have better brakes and suspension stock than a 600cc jap bike. but you pay a price in weight. they are as much as 30lbs heavier on average. but then again, it's still not as heavy as a SH. also ask yourself how hard will it be to maintain? is there a triumph dealer near you? will parts & labor be more expensive? basically all the questions you would ask if you were buying a ducati.
The daytona is a triple not a inline 4, and they are 900+ cc's (not 595 like the name says - dont know why) They have tons of torque and are quite a blast to ride
Old 09-14-2005, 06:39 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

I've only ridden an '00 Sprint RS and I don't know how similiar the engines are other than being 900cc triples. After a superhawk, it found it lacked torque, roll-on's weren't as impressive, and didn't vibrate enough. It felt more like an inline 4 in need of a carb balance. The factory accessory CF slipon sounded awesome. Fit and finish aren't up to honda standards. I didn't get to ride it in the twisties but it "felt" like it would handle them very, very well.

The daytona fairing design was known as a "wienie roaster" here in the states; however, in England I would see this heat issue as a bonus.

HTH
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Squid

yellafella

Originally Posted by superbling";p=&quot

The daytona fairing design was known as a "wienie roaster" here in the states; however, in England I would see this heat issue as a bonus.

HTH
Ah hell !!!! My old ZX10 was one of those too ! Great in the winter but a bit bbq in the summer !!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by cdyer77";p=&quot
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
Hey Thanks! Thats my girl.

Originally Posted by swordfish";p=&quot
The daytona is a triple not a inline 4, and they are 900+ cc's (not 595 like the name says - dont know why) They have tons of torque and are quite a blast to ride

I didn't know it was a daytona. that came after my response. he just said a triumph 595. triumph made the TT600. it was an inline-4. but yes, triples have better torque.