General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thinking of selling my 99....but unsure of price

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:51 PM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
Thinking of selling my 99....but unsure of price

Not sure if this is in the right forum...but need advice before posting..

I had back surgery 3 years ago, and my hawk has sat in the basement ever since. I can no longer ride so I'm thinking of selling. Has a salvage title because it got knocked over while parked and had a 5K paint job, so they totaled it, only broke clutch lever and turn signal which have been replaced. I know I would get more parting it out, but again due to my back, room and time, I cannot. Maybe someone else could and possibly double their money.
It has 56,350 miles, is bedliner black (long story) and needs a little attention. Carbs cleaned, new chain and sprockets and 2nd gear jumps out, but I rode it this way for a year just skipping over 2nd. Not sure if it is the shifting fork or gear. Has aftermarket cam chain tensioners, brand new rear tire and taller windshield and jardine cans. Would $1200 be a fair price? I'm just not sure what would be fair to me but also help me unload it quickly as I have taken up large scale RC planes and need to get an enclosed trailer. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for any advice...
Sax
Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
5k paint job? You must of really loved this bike for it to end up with a bed liner paint job. Pictures would help. I do have to ask: if the only thing wrong with it was the lever and signal then why the hell did you turn it over to insurance? The replacement parts are less than the deductible.

1200 isn't a bad price. But if it has been 3 years since the surgery and the tire was new then I wouldn't call it new now, unless I read that wrong.

Pics and more info would really help to awnser your question.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:55 PM
Back Marker

Long story short, was a hit and run. I got the plate and description of vehicle, and it took local law enforcement over 2 months to get back to me...only after I had to threaten law director for not following up. Ends up they did, and it was a cop from another town...a former classmate of mine that was at the same class reunion and drinking heavily. Around here law enforcement are crooked, protect their own and think they are above the law, so I pursued it and that is why the insurance company was involved. It was the whole principle. And to me, I was going to be riding this bike until it fell apart, so a salvage title from something I knew was not severe mechanical or structural damage did not bother me at all.
The tire is a couple years old, has been in a climate controlled basement and in no direct sunlight. Sidewalls and surface show no signs of dry rot what so ever. Probably has 20 miles on it as I will get it out once every few months and run it around the block. Any longer in the saddle and I can't walk for 6 hrs...it really does suck!
I can take more pics tomorrow and post as it is late here now (3am). Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't get back until now. The notification went to my junk folder😖
Attached Thumbnails Thinking of selling my 99....but unsure of price-image.jpeg  
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sorry to read your story saxman. R title will probably not be a quick sell. If and when you do get a nibble, I'd give the offer serious consideration. I think 12 would be a good start. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 AM
Back Marker

Pic
Old 04-27-2016, 08:29 AM
Back Marker

Another
Old 04-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Back Marker

Sorry, can not post more than 1 pic at a time for some reason...an I'm not the most computer literate🙄
Old 04-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Back Marker

Thanks for reply. I'm sure it won't be a quick sale, and I really hate to part with it, but I don't ever see me being back in the saddle. I will try to post a quick vid of it running if I can. Have to pull choke out slightly as carbs need cleaned, but I will do my best to get it to post to show she does. Going down now to try and video. I have a limit I will drop to because I know if I part out I would get more. Will just have to find someone who can/ will be able to help me if I go that route. Thanks guys!
Old 04-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Back Marker

As you can tell by the huffing the carbs need attention, but here is a quick overview with her running, also tried to show rear tire still like new.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
capturedvideo.MOV (4.39 MB, 49 views)
Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
You might be better off parting it out, but $1,200 seems reasonable if you do consider selling it. Downside is that the $1,200 price point brings in some real shitbags, so you'll be low-balled hardcore. So price it at like $1,500-1,600, that way they lowball you and give you the price you want, anyway.