General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thinking about selling the Hawk...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Thinking about selling the Hawk...

I know, I know, what the hell am I thinking??

Well, I think I wanna get a cruiser...so that the wife and I can ride the mountains together in comfort, comfort being the key word...Honda dealer has some 04 and 05 VTX1800's brand new for $8900...that is a great deal...I have loved those from the start, only I was not willing to pay $13 to $15k for one, and I wanted a brand new one....the one I want retails for $15550.00 and I can get it for $8900.00 that is insane...

kbb on that one retail is $10700, and trade is $8900.00 and that is used...

I may just wander up to the dealer and see, for grins, what kind of a trade they would give me on her....:-|

Just not sure....I think I know which way I am leaning....

HHHHHELP!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
whatever makes you happy man

i say as long as you're on two, you're a friend of mine

just dont leave us here...we need the sarcastic wit
Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
I rode a VTX1800 and wouldn't buy one because the flywheel and pistons are so big that there was no way to control throtle inputs you were ethier going foward fast or slowing fast. You will be banging helmets a lot. Not easy to control in lower gears. They might have fixed the problem by now but try it before you buy it if you can. Also the supension sucks. Good Luck
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
They will F you on the trade in for a SH because there's no re-sale value so don't get offended if you decide to try.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by superhawk22
They will F you on the trade in for a SH because there's no re-sale value so don't get offended if you decide to try.
This I know, as I used to sell cars, different animal I know, and the fact that this dealer had some of the 03's that were sold for $5900.00 back in the day...Now they have a good deal on the 04 interceptor VFR800FI ABS, I think it was $7900...

I think I will have a better shot at selling her local, but I will let the dealer give me a price non the less...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Lefin102
I rode a VTX1800 and wouldn't buy one because the flywheel and pistons are so big that there was no way to control throtle inputs you were ethier going foward fast or slowing fast. You will be banging helmets a lot. Not easy to control in lower gears. They might have fixed the problem by now but try it before you buy it if you can. Also the supension sucks. Good Luck
dunno, what year was the one you rode? I would deff have to take it for a test ride, or I would not buy it...I am not some 20 nothing going for a joy ride, they would suck it up or no sale...period....Hell you can take Harley's for a test ride, come on....hmmm maybe I should,,,,,er ah no...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Radiaoktiv
whatever makes you happy man

i say as long as you're on two, you're a friend of mine

just dont leave us here...we need the sarcastic wit

I love this forum, I don't think I could ever leave it....you know at least until I sell the Hawk...LOL....for real, I am sure even if I sell the ole girl now, I will own another one sometime in the future....Maybe a newer model...

Sarcastic wit, I don't think I know what you are talking about....
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Hey, at that price for the VTX, why not keep the VTR for those weekend spirited rides in the twisties. OR..... buy the VTX, and after a month or two if you find yourself riding the VTX alot and the VTR is getting flat spots on the tires, then sell it. Right now is not a good time to sell a bike anyway. You'll get more selling it in the spring.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Hey, at that price for the VTX, why not keep the VTR for those weekend spirited rides in the twisties. OR..... buy the VTX, and after a month or two if you find yourself riding the VTX alot and the VTR is getting flat spots on the tires, then sell it. Right now is not a good time to sell a bike anyway. You'll get more selling it in the spring.

Yeah, I did think about that, I just did not want to carry a loan with a new bike, as I only have liability insurance, and I would hate to have to carry full cov...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Oh, maybe something to offroad on, dirt bikes, or a 4 wheeler....too many cool toys at such great prices...
Old 11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
One of each?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by MisterMohawk
One of each?

Hmmmmmmm....yes yes...one of everything....er not yet, gotta hit the Lotto for that one.....
Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Squid

L-man is on a distinguished road
Have both...........

The 1800 vtx is an awesome machine,,,,,,,,have 66,000 miles on mine now.
The wife and I have taken several multi-thousand mile trips on it and twas very enjoyable ! Comfort factor yes ! But still fun as a in town hotrod with all the torque the beast has . I'm coming over to the superhawk side , they are very different animals. Check out VTXOA.com . Fantastic site .
Good luck,,,,,,try to have both bikes !
L-man out
Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by L-man
The 1800 vtx is an awesome machine,,,,,,,,have 66,000 miles on mine now.
The wife and I have taken several multi-thousand mile trips on it and twas very enjoyable ! Comfort factor yes ! But still fun as a in town hotrod with all the torque the beast has . I'm coming over to the superhawk side , they are very different animals. Check out VTXOA.com . Fantastic site .
Good luck,,,,,,try to have both bikes !
L-man out
Thanks, cool site...I would like to keep both, but I just don't have room for both right now...besides, I am just to laid back for the hawk....