Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Thinking bout selling the hawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Squid

Matthew Kent is on a distinguished road
Thinking bout selling the hawk

1998 Honda vtr 100f super hawk I'm not gonna lie it needs some work but motor is strong it's just running a Lil rich and I'm not real mech worthy located in Douglas ga I'm wanting like 1800 for her
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Matthew Kent
1998 Honda vtr 100f super hawk I'm not gonna lie it needs some work but motor is strong it's just running a Lil rich and I'm not real mech worthy located in Douglas ga I'm wanting like 1800 for her
Probably want to post some pics (I say this as I'm about to list something in the classifieds with no pics ) and put a LITTLE more effort into the description... what's good, what's not so good, etc. Working on and fixing your bike and learning can be a lot of fun and very rewarding but I understand it can also very frustrating when you can't get it right or don't have the patience or the time to learn.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Squid

Well to start out its been converted into a street fighter by some idiot I bought it from did a horrible job on her Front wheel fairing has som cracks in it I'm guessing from age the tail has a broken tabs so it's being held by two bolts guessing from age and neglect someone tried stealing it two weeks ago and broke the top off the ignition and using the bottom clicker part I guess it wasn't working for them or they cut the wires first and blew the fuses trying to Hotwire is well I replaced the fuses and I'm just frustrated with the thing but I can post pics tommrow idk if I can't get some help I might just put about 1500 into it or sell this thing and use the money combined and buy a better one I'm just not sure because I know nothing about these bikes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Shoot I just tossed a spraybombed front fender that was otherwise in good shape because I got tired of looking at it-I'd have given it to you. Also have a cheap OEM ignition and key in the classifieds. It's really more time, patience and elbow grease than money-part of why I like working on them since I'm broke. If it's not your main form of transportation, again taking the time to fix it and learn can be a lot of fun. And the skill you learn working on these things transfer over to lots of other things in life and will last a lifetime. I'm FAR from the skill level of many folks on here but here are two past projects I've fixed up on the cheap. The silver one sat outside and hadn't run in years. Had about a grand in that one and though it wasn't perfect (it was a quick flip for some cash) it was very clean and ran amazing. The yellow one was previously wrecked by a fellow forum member. Put a little more time into that one and it was pretty perfect-only had about $1300 in that one.
Attached Thumbnails Thinking bout selling the hawk-vtr1.jpg   Thinking bout selling the hawk-500-042.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-26-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Squid

Well I can get it painted for free just the cost of paint I'm just wondering how much these fairings are gonna cost me and how can I find a good fairing stay without spending a fortune I'd say have someone make me one but I have no template for my moms husband to do so and how much are you asking for the ignition
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Squid

Btw great job on tHe bikes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Thanks. Rashed or cracked fairings aren't expensive. Plastic welding (I've also had excellent results with permatex permapoxy 5 minute plastic weld) is your friend there. Free paint job? You're in business. If you can't find stuff for a good price on ebay post up a wanted post here in the classifieds. Again it's more about time and patience to put the parts together on the cheap. I just saw a straight fairing stay go for @ $20 on ebay, but that was super cheap. I'll PM you on the ignition. I've also found a couple superhawks being parted out locally on craigslist and got some killer deals there too. They may not pop up often but it's worth taking a look it your area.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-26-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Matthew Kent
Please check the for sale rules..
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...e-rules-10470/

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Squid

Sorry about that guys