General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thinking about it buying it...what would pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 AM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
Thinking about it buying it...what would pay?

As I was going through our Provincial insurance salvage auction list yesterday looking for a new car to fix up for myself I stumbled across this..
Manitoba Public Insurance - Salvage Pictures

Caught me off guard, because its the middle of winter, and there are rarely bikes up for sale, but also because its a Firestorm!...which around my parts are pretty rare. I haven't viewed it yet, so I cant say whats left of it and what kind of shape its in because things can change from when the picture was taken and when it comes up for auction, but it may be a decent buy for parts for mine and to sell if others need.

So judging by the pics, what would be your upper limit on a bid for it, provided its reasonably intact? I was thinking no more than $800-$900 or so...and i'd still have to get the wife's approval too. If there was some interest from others for the parts, she'd probably be a little more accepting of me buying it if I could recoup the purchase price of it.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Squid

konigralph is on a distinguished road
If you can get it for under 1000, it might be worht the salvage.. If you say that in your area the parts are rare. Sounds like you can make your money back on it... go for it !
Old 03-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
looks like it was probably a theft recovery that insurance had paid out on. Theft recoveries in most states end up with salvage titles unfortunately even though there isn't much if anything wrong with them other than the ignitions being fubared.

Most states however if this is the case its not too bad to get a rebuilt title for it
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
If I do end up getting it, it will automatically become a rebuilt title. I'm not too sure if it is stolen or not, could very well be...it looks like it has some crash damage(frt fender missing, scrapes on upper fairing), and since we have government insurance and not private, they tend to write off a lot of bikes instead of fixing, especially since they estimate repairs using OEM parts. I really don't have any intentions of putting it on the road either, it would be a total part out, so members here would stand to benefit! I cant look at it until Wednesday morning just before the auction, and can only do a visual inspection. They wont disclose the original claim or damages, so it can be risk if the motor ends up being toast.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Ahh, didn't notice you were a Canuck so I'm unfirmiliar with how things work up there was just refering to my personal experience in the states Was wondering why they called it a Firestorm
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Auto CCTs eat top ends be real real careful