General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Situation: flywheel. Need recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Squid

11strings is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by peterpanic
Dead batteries huh, probably the R/R in the camera, but it COULD be the flywheel. Check that your alternator is generating and make sure the generator alternates.
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
did the shop mention the flux capacitor as a possible cause to your charging problems?
Originally Posted by zmaniv
I thought it was muffler bearings.
You guys crack me up..... If I'm ever bored, pick a random thread and start reading...

+1 to the flux capacitor. I had one go out, but ebay didn't have one. Site said it wouldn't come up for sale till sometime in the future.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
How are you going to pay?? Mastercard or Visa? Does it have limit? BAM BAM BAM hahhaah. Next they going to tell you that you headlight fluid is out need 200 buck to fill it back up.. hahaha I dropped my bike plenty of time and repaint many time. I don't think that can cause the flywheel to go bad.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
The flywheel is possible, but it would be an odd problem. Stator has been known to give problems, but rarely. The stator will not work without the flywheel of course, as you already know, so perhaps this is the problem - stator not flywheel. Rare but possible.

I would also be asking them why you need to pay for a new R/R that they installed when it was not the problem.