General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Q = How did you know the SuperHawk was the bike for you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Squid

Booker909 is on a distinguished road
2 reasons: $2000 and 1 liter.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Squid

jcvtr is on a distinguished road
Was looking for a torquer bike then my DR650. Saw this add. reasonable price. condition v nice. rode it. Loved the torque and the speed. bought it.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Squid

Alterego is on a distinguished road
It was hindsight for me. I owned a 98 Hawk when I was about 22 years old and ended up letting it go (poor college student). Since then I have owned a cbr and a cb900 and nothing has been as fun as the Hawk. Now that I have another Hawk it will only leave my possession for a nicer Hawk.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Back Marker

ascothawk is on a distinguished road
I had been waiting for Honda to build a sporting v twin after i heard the Ducati's at Mid-Ohio in the early eighties. When they built the 650 i wanted it,great styling but it wasn't much faster than my modified Ascot single. I wanted 750cc or bigger. So they waited until i had 2 sons in college. I figured i'd be riding the Ascot for another 5 years,so while i was at the dealer carrying out new tires,chain and sprockets for it with tears dripping on the VTR i said F--- it, it's my turn!!!! Threw the parts in the car,went back in and bought it..

Last edited by ascothawk; 10-19-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
It was a no brainer for me. It was a V-Twin. Everything else didn't matter.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by motojoe
How did you know that the SuperHawk was the bike you were going to buy?

What was a deciding factor?

What else were you looking at?
F4i, cbr600rr, R6
I can say i had no clue this was the bike i was going to buy, till got on one, and felt the torque, compaired to a 4bannger its a whole new monster.

the torque, and the sound.

i found her randomly and glad i did, it must have been fate.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by motojoe
How did you know that the SuperHawk was the bike you were going to buy?

What was a deciding factor?

What else were you looking at?
back in about 2000 my good friend bought one. He loved that bike! He let me take it out one morning, what a thrill! It felt like riding a really strog horse that loves to run. Coming out of the turns, the acceleration made me grin ear to ear. From that point on I wanted one, very badly. I had to pour all my resources into my business so I rode the old BMW I built and tuned, but the VTR was always on my mind. My friend totaled his beloved hawk when he hit a deer. He made it but the bike was a loss. Recently, I had enough cash to actually buy a VTR. I searched and found the hawk I now have. I knew it was the one as soon as I set eyes on it. All stock, very low miles, timid previous owner who bought it new. Low price, new teknic leathers, soft bags, tank bag and cover. Love the bike and never looked back.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
I picked mine up thinking it was a basket case, I was actually looking for a motor for a go cart i was building at the time, a buddy told me he worked with a guy that was selling a bike that sat in his garage thinking it was a totalled bike since the price was $300 well i met the guy at his house and as the garage door was opening i saw this gorgeous bike sitting there, I assumed that he had another sitting out back somewhere, i asked where the one he was selling was, he said ur looking at it! I imidiately handed him the cash, as he was getting the helmet, jacket, and some net that went somewhere, i asked why so cheap? He replied his wife made him sell her aftrr he was busted duin a buck fify in a 30 mph zone! Needless to say i gave up on go cart, lol. Not to keep going on, but I also have a gsxr1000 that i gave my son because id rather be on my shawk
Old 10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by offroad_rider2008
I picked mine up thinking it was a basket case, I was actually looking for a motor for a go cart i was building at the time, a buddy told me he worked with a guy that was selling a bike that sat in his garage thinking it was a totalled bike since the price was $300 well i met the guy at his house and as the garage door was opening i saw this gorgeous bike sitting there, I assumed that he had another sitting out back somewhere, i asked where the one he was selling was, he said ur looking at it! I imidiately handed him the cash, as he was getting the helmet, jacket, and some net that went somewhere, i asked why so cheap? He replied his wife made him sell her aftrr he was busted duin a buck fify in a 30 mph zone! Needless to say i gave up on go cart, lol. Not to keep going on, but I also have a gsxr1000 that i gave my son because id rather be on my shawk
that's a deal!!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
Appearance

That's right, appearance and nothing else. I've never seen or had any other ride that so totally tripped my trigger and I've had 40 or so. The design, the color and the graphics come together to elicit an emotion in me that defies explanation or logic. Add to that the guttural sonic emissions of a small block circling a 3/8 mile (forgive me Europa) dirt track as I approach the grandstands during time trials and you intrinsically know what drives me. It's all about emotion and the one sited below does the trick.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Squid

Rebirth98 is on a distinguished road
Started on a 94 seca 2 great learner bike. Started college had to go. But i had the two wheel disease. Finally last year of college found one that needed work been sitting for a good deal 800 bucks for a 98 with custom unpainted fairings and wouldnt start. Fresh oil change, sea foam, dry gas, and full tank of 93 oct. I was hooked put almost 3k on her in five months. Then because i didnt research common problems i have a bike making an awful noise hopefully cct problem and just need new heads. Fingers crossed. Everyone said cut your losses but shes my problem now most fun I have ever had.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:05 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Was hunting for a rf 900rs. a terrible bike but I wanted one. Went to a shop here and talked about tge rs. 2300 cash but no test ride as it was some weird auction. I didnt want a red bike either as it catches attention. Well I saw this thing in the corner and said what is it? Vtr the guy replied. Is it a honda? I asked. Yes it is. 1000cc v twin. I made the miatake of sitting on it. made a payment that month and took it home the next month. Bike was just in great shape so I had to.