General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Old SH owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
New Old SH owner

By the post count you can tell that I'm a newbie. Here's some info on myself and the bike.
I have owned MCs in the past (around 40 years ago) so I'm more like a new rider. I still have some muscle memory, but not much. I am though, a total gear head and enjoy all things that burn gasoline and well, spirited driving. Isn't that the political correct term for breaking traffic laws?
I have done a few project cars over the years, so I have some skills with a wrench. That said, I am constantly humbled by what I have seen here and on other forum sites.
A buddy of mine re-entered the two-wheeled world after a two or so year break and that got my lust for a bike going again.
I did research, spent hours on CL, lurked on forum sites, read reviews on line till i was very confused. I changed my mind on which bike I was going to get at least a dozen times. There were some that I would keep coming back to. These bikes all had one thing in common. A reputation for being very fun to ride.
The ones that stuck were the SV650, last generation of Buell Lightning or the 1125CR (yeah I know, I know) and the SH.https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=24565 This is the very bike that pushed me over the edge for a SH) I really wanted something in the liter class so when a shop owner here in my town made mention of a SH he was selling for his brother-inlaw, a 98', <6k mi. red (the second fastest color) for $1700 I was on it!
Now don't think that I stole the bike, because there is some reasons for the price. The bike has been down 3 times. Twice in a gravel driveway, once (it does get windy here) just blew over. The tool that owned it had it parked along the highway in front of his property with a for sale sign for a couple of (I'm guessing) months. So a slight bit of sun damage, and since the drops were all low or no speed the damage is all fix-able. Fairings and windshield are f'ed up. Some minor scrapes on one muffler and the clutch cover. The very worst is the dent in the tank, and that makes me sick, but... I have a Super Chicken now. It seems to be straight, with no issues with pulling while riding.
Put a new rear tire (MPP) on, front going on later this week. The R1 R/R came in the mail yesterday. Already did the TPS fix. I'm now looking for the right bolts to do the auto to manual conversion of the stock CCTs.
I have the fix-it if it ain't broken sickness so I will post up as I find new ways to wast my money.
This is a great site. Looking forward to share in the SH love.

Dave

Last edited by xeris; 01-19-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Clean up links
Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Talking

Welcome to the forum Dave. The first thing we need to teach you is how to post pics...

Is this the one you like?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 AM
SuperBike

Yep, that's the one. I even used an on line translator to figure out what some of the pieces parts he used. Sexy.
Yeah, it's going to take me a little to come up to speed on the posting and all. This site is the same engine as another site I use to frequent. I'm old and my memory is failing, lol

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
Welcome to the forum Dave. The first thing we need to teach you is how to post pics...

Is this the one you like?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Back Marker

Stephan is on a distinguished road
xeris:

I doubt you will find anything, all the info is in czech language. These pictures I took from our local forum, but don´t know personally though he live in same city.

Rear is from buell, coolers from KTM LC4, front forks SP2, rear SP1, exhaust custom made, reworked fuel tank to 24l. And think lot of hand made work.

Hope he don´t mind I show it here, here is link with some more photos

http://www.streetbike.cz/nase-prace/...00f-project-iv
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
welcome
Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Welcome, welcome.

I'm sure your Hawk is happy now. They're grateful pups that dislike abuse and appreciate a loving owner.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, yes that is an awesome bike!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site...
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
SuperBike

That is the site I originally saw the bike on. Yes your right it is all in the Czech language. I used an on line translator to decipher some of the details. A lot of effort and time went into the making of that bike. I wouldn't think that he would mind. Great inspiration for anyone do a naked project.
Thank you all for the welcome!

Originally Posted by Stephan
xeris:

I doubt you will find anything, all the info is in czech language. These pictures I took from our local forum, but don´t know personally though he live in same city.

Rear is from buell, coolers from KTM LC4, front forks SP2, rear SP1, exhaust custom made, reworked fuel tank to 24l. And think lot of hand made work.

Hope he don´t mind I show it here, here is link with some more photos

http://www.streetbike.cz/nase-prace/...00f-project-iv
Old 01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Welcome! You're not the only old fart on here. I'm 64, and nath is even older than me.

I'm usually not a fan of naked bikes, but whoever did that subframe did a great job.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
I didnt realize how many senior citizens are on here. I cant wait for all the aarp discounts when I get old!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by t-dogg
I didnt realize how many senior citizens are on here. I cant wait for all the aarp discounts when I get old!
My wife and I dumped our AARP membership when they backed ObamaCare.