General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New here, new SuperHawk

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 05:24 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wayne
The only thing is, it almost seems blasphemous to put a wrench to this thing as it's so pristine!
Naaa. Those OE turns are butt ugly, if you weigh over 135 the fork springs are too soft, the shock makes a great boat anchor... Shall I continue?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wayne
Well after a month or so of owning this bike I just had to give my impressions. Firstly the pipes are not slip-ons but the complete system, staintune is also stamped in the header pipes at the collector. Makes a for a sweet sound! I have to admit that being a rider for over forty years I can't remember a bike that so consistently brought giggles while riding like this one does. The combination of awesome torque, and light, nimble handling (I am a fairly conservative rider) along with the wonderful music this thing makes is just plain addicting. I will probably add a set of Helibars at some point as the current position creates a bit of discomfort in my right wrist but they are pricey. EVery time I take this bike out I come back grinning from ear to ear. It's just a hoot!
Have a look at APEX Adjustable clip ons as well as the Helibars.
Apex Clip-on Sets - Apex Manufacturing.

It is just a fun bike to ride... I've thought of selling mine a few times in the last month or so... I mean who would not want a new bike in the garage... BUT, the SH does everything I want..... save one thing,, after 27 years in the Army and 47 years in life.. I NEED a better seating position... I did VFR bars years ago and that helped,, but will try the APEX bars here soon and see if the works a bit better to straighten up the body position.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Older and Slower
Squid

wayne is on a distinguished road
Ahh man this is gonna cost me....

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
Naaa. Those OE turns are butt ugly, if you weigh over 135 the fork springs are too soft, the shock makes a great boat anchor... Shall I continue?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Older and Slower
Squid

wayne is on a distinguished road
Will definitely have a look at the Apex set. The bars are definitely a future mod.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
welcome. (I'm slow)
if you havent done the CCT's yet, be sure to follow his directions closely. there is a front and rear CCT. I own the same ones.

I also have the same Staintunes. there were faily common back in the day.
Many of the original pipes from that comp. were on old Honda V4 Magnas/Sabres. Even on the CB1's. They had extra discs that you could mount to change the 'sound/note' of the pipes.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
New Hawk Rider
Superstock

eersfanpilot is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the bike and you will find this forum is great for knowledge and advice. Don't be afraid to ask ANY question!!