General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New guy trading up

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 10:43 PM
Squid

warrant is on a distinguished road
New guy trading up

Hello all,
Didn't see a place for new people intros so here it is....
Always loved the V-twin sporty bikes so this will be my first Honda version. I have owned a Buell S3T and a Suzuki TL1000S.
So a 1998 VTR shows up on my local FB market place and buddy is looking for a dual sport trade? (goodbye to my faithful KLR)
We do the deal and I now own a shiny recondition VTR, pretty much stock with D&D slip-ons. Was crashed sometime in its life, very well repaired but still visible behind the plastics.
So after a few tanks of gas I'm hooked, great looking bike that still makes people ask what it is.

Ride safe all

Last edited by warrant; 05-24-2024 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-23-2024, 08:39 AM
Squid

After a few good rips down the local mountain roads I am very impressed. The sound of the D&D is quite awesome.
As you can see the VTR is in worthy company, another V-twin monster in its own right!

Then there I am looking for parts and I find a cherry 2004 with 13K (kms) on the dial, slightly damaged from a low side (why is it always the right side?)
Anyways, thanks for reading my story.

Ride Safe!

Old 06-02-2024, 06:55 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Welcome Warrant!
Old 06-05-2024, 01:15 PM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Welcome Warrant. I see you got a little too good at finding a Superhawk. It happens to the best of us.
I'm on my 3rd one now and wonder why I ever sold since I had to upgrade all over again.
Both bikes look very nice .
Old 06-05-2024, 01:40 PM
Squid

Yeah kind of funny how things work out, I had been on the lookout for a Superhawk (Fire Storm in Canada?) for a while, but there are few to be had.
I have also been down this road before and finding OEM stuff is tough, especially north of the 49th, so when I saw the 2004 with no mods and just a little plastic missing I was totally stoked.
As usual these forums are priceless fountains of information and I really appreciate the passing of this knowledge. I believe in order to keep these awesome machines alive we have to help each other.
Cheers eh!