General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Dan Moto adjustable mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 PM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
New Dan Moto adjustable mufflers?

What do we think of the new Dan Moto remote adjustable mufflers?

I kinda like the idea.

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/inde...bh73t53kou98i2
Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Mate,

I'm not sure about this concept and what it does to the endless amount of fiddling with cams, jets, ignition etc.

I have modded my exhaust to suit my set up and as we all know our bikes are temperamentle to every minor change.

From my side the jury is out in relation to this system until I see a dyno print out with the baffle closed and open.

I don't know about anyone else on here, however I have done everything possible to reduce weight and I think that this system would add unnecessary weight.

Looks like a gimmick to me as I love the sound of my bike and luckily so do the neighbours.

Loud pipes save lives where I come from, but if there was a performance gain to be had wich I very much doubt I may be swayed.

As we say here in Oz, just my two bobs worth as I saw these and thought that they were a marketing ploy to sell more pipes.

Dyno tests please!
Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Cables, levers and such...meh.
For someone who rides where the authorities aggressively enforce noise ordinances and still want a stupid volume level, this might be the answer. Or is this an answer to a question that no one asked?
I have to say that the quality/price ratio for the whole exhaust line-up seems rather good.
When you start thinking of mods to a product you don't own and never intend to says something. Mod: servo motors instead of cables. Discreetly placed switch.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by kenmoore
Mate,

I'm not sure about this concept and what it does to the endless amount of fiddling with cams, jets, ignition etc.

I have modded my exhaust to suit my set up and as we all know our bikes are temperamentle to every minor change.

From my side the jury is out in relation to this system until I see a dyno print out with the baffle closed and open.

I don't know about anyone else on here, however I have done everything possible to reduce weight and I think that this system would add unnecessary weight.

Looks like a gimmick to me as I love the sound of my bike and luckily so do the neighbours.

Loud pipes save lives where I come from, but if there was a performance gain to be had wich I very much doubt I may be swayed.

As we say here in Oz, just my two bobs worth as I saw these and thought that they were a marketing ploy to sell more pipes.

Dyno tests please!
Its more for my Girls 600 Hornet. Im looking for a can for it. Looked on the site and found it.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:26 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by xeris
Cables, levers and such...meh.
For someone who rides where the authorities aggressively enforce noise ordinances and still want a stupid volume level, this might be the answer. Or is this an answer to a question that no one asked?
I have to say that the quality/price ratio for the whole exhaust line-up seems rather good.
When you start thinking of mods to a product you don't own and never intend to says something. Mod: servo motors instead of cables. Discreetly placed switch.
I like the servo motor idea.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:38 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
I dont think this will add or subtract any noticeable power, nor do I think it was intended to so a dyno test is moot.

I also have to agree that a switch and servos would be a better more discrete option however would probably come at a large price difference...

Where im loud pipes save lives as well and cops dont enforce exhaust noise levels so I wouldnt need these.

However, BMW cars have been doing this for quite some time to fine tune performance (not noise levels) so I do believe that a modern FI sportbike will be able to compensate on its own but may cause minor tuning issues with our carb'd bikes...

On another note has anyone needed to rejet after installing or removing baffles or "Db killers"? I dont think so, so this may not effect tuning as much as assumed...
Old 07-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
On another note has anyone needed to rejet after installing or removing baffles or "Db killers"? I dont think so, so this may not effect tuning as much as assumed...
I had Jardine RT-1s I ran with and without db killers. I noticed no change in performance...and barely noticed any difference in loudness either...
Old 07-31-2015, 02:46 PM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
I have run my bike with and without baffles.

without the baffles the noise wasn't much different, but the performance was.

The bike felt flat!