Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Dan-Moto's on Jardine high-mount mids?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Dan-Moto's on Jardine high-mount mids?

Anybody mount up a set of Dan-Moto cans to their existing Jardine high-mount mid pipes? They both use spring retention. I should be getting some black aluminum Jardines with high-mount mids soon (real cheap & used). Thought it might look cool to slap some Dan-Moto conical cans onto the high pipes.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Sorry I dont have an anwer for you but IF you try it let me know... I am thinking about having a fab shop make some hi mount mids for my dan moto cans.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Should work as long as the inner diameter of the danmoto cans is correct. Email danmoto and ask them to give you the inner diameter of the muffler inlet. As of the last time I asked Danmoto WILL sell just the mufflers, they will NOT sell just the midpipes.

Did you score those Jardines for cheap that were on ebay?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Should work as long as the inner diameter of the danmoto cans is correct. Email danmoto and ask them to give you the inner diameter of the muffler inlet.
I figure they would be pretty close. I can either make an adapter, or stretch/reduce the connections as needed.

As of the last time I asked Danmoto WILL sell just the mufflers, they will NOT sell just the midpipes.
Well that's good news. Maybe I'll go that route.

Did you score those Jardines for cheap that were on ebay?
Friend of a friend deal. I put the money up, sight unseen, for a set of black high rise "take-offs" in "great" condition. Less than 2 bones, so I'm not out much if they aren't. Just hoping the midpipes are nice, that's really all I want, but will use the black Jardine cans if they are nice too, until I get something else to try.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Cool. As of recently midpipes were still available from Jardine, but with the spring loop and no longer in chrome. I got a replacement for an older pair of the black powdercoat high mounts. Ground off the spring loop and wetsanded and polished the steel mid and it matches pretty well.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
As of recently midpipes were still available from Jardine, but with the spring loop and no longer in chrome.
I sent an email to them asking if they would sell just a high-rise mid, some weeks ago, and never got a reply.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by rz_racer_69
I sent an email to them asking if they would sell just a high-rise mid, some weeks ago, and never got a reply.

I've always spoken to them on the phone, try calling them. 800-347-8664
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Superstock

Anybody mount up a set of Dan-Moto cans to their existing Jardine high-mount mid pipes? They both use spring retention. I should be getting some black aluminum Jardines with high-mount mids soon (real cheap & used). Thought it might look cool to slap some Dan-Moto conical cans onto the high pipes.
I didnt even ask this but do you have Dan Moto cans or are you looking to buy some? If you are looking to buy some let me know and Ill run out and pull one off real quick and get you an I/D of the muffler.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Back Marker

msethhunter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
I didnt even ask this but do you have Dan Moto cans or are you looking to buy some? If you are looking to buy some let me know and Ill run out and pull one off real quick and get you an I/D of the muffler.

Oh please please please! I need new cans for my bike. I dropped it a while back and was thinking about the Dan Moto route, but I want the high-mounts, and Dan Moto is a No Go.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

I'm still waiting to receive my pipes, but if you want to post the ID now that would be great. Or, for that matter, the OD of the DanMoto midpipe would be interesting too.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by msethhunter
Oh please please please! I need new cans for my bike. I dropped it a while back and was thinking about the Dan Moto route, but I want the high-mounts, and Dan Moto is a No Go.
Ill get the I/D of the can and the and the O/D of the mid pipe tomorow in the afternoon.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I have a set of Titanium up mid pipes if anybody is interested pm me. I bought them before I bought my bike and lo and behold my bike already had them..go figure! It also has Lange mufflers that I can't wait to replace!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Superstock

Alright, I know its not morning any more but here are the specs: Mid pipe O/D:1.985" / 50.43mm. Mid pipe I/D: 1.944" / 49.38mm and the Can I/D: 2.032" / 51.62mm. I hope this helps you out some. -Mike-
Old 02-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

Great, thanks. HRCA#1, how about those Jardine midpipes? Can you get an OD measurement to see if the DanMoto cans will fit?
Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Great, thanks. HRCA#1, how about those Jardine midpipes? Can you get an OD measurement to see if the DanMoto cans will fit?
I'm getting 50.5 OD and 48.2 ID, not digital and I had to wear my bifoculs to even read that old vernier of mine!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

So the OD of the Jardine midpipe matches the OD of the DanMoto midpipe.

Last edited by rz_racer_69; 02-18-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

My deal for the Jardine slip-ons fell through, and when I called Jardine, all they had to sell were their high-mount hangers in polished aluminum, but no mids. The guy I talked to did say they would make more if we got enough people to order them, 10. Luckily, HRCA#1 still had his for sale, so now I am looking to buy the DanMoto cans to go on them. May stick on some tore up D&D carbon cans I have laying around until then.