General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Jet Kit question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Back Marker

Shmittay
Jet Kit question

How easy is it to install the jet kit? Im thinking about doing it over the winter. I am fairly handy at tools and working on vehicles after working on cars for 6 years as a pass time and hobby. Would it be easy to tune the jet after installation or should I just go ahead and fork the dough over to Honda?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
Re: Jet Kit question

Although I have never installed a jet kit myself, I do know that a mechanically inclined owner should be able to do his own jet kit. However, the problem is finding that wonderful sweet spot of the performance that you are expecting to achieve by rejetting. That takes many tries, and it is supposedly a lot harder on a liter size V-twin. That, on its own, has deterred me from wanting to do any rejetting, be it by a pro or by myself.

I am sure others who have rejetted their bikes would definitely recommend it though. For me and my type of riding, stock jetting (stock exhaust) is good enough.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
If you get a jet kit, get the Factory. It's a lot easier to install. I have good baseline settings on my website.