General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

It's a shame (maybe moove to RANT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Back Marker

aka Yamadog is on a distinguished road
It's a shame (maybe moove to RANT)

Selling some parts in the classified section and I hate the fact that shipping is as much as what I'm asking for the items. Where has the value of manufactured products and workmanship gone when driving the same thing around costs more? The paradigm has shifted.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:38 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
its is a drag. I have some old parts and they are worth something to someone but are heavy and large and cost more to ship than they are worth. crazy.
I have found that there are big cost differences sometimes and it pays to try to pack as small as possible. its almost all size (3 dimenstions of the box) for the cost - very little weight penalty until its really heavy. I sent some full exhausts off an old honda - sloppy packing would have cost $137 to ship - taking more time and packing tightly I got it safely packed into something just below the big cut off in size and cost only $36.
just my two cents. good luck
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Squid

cnw126 is on a distinguished road
I know the feeling. cliby has it right though and all you have to do is look at it from the shipping company perspective and you will see their point. Larger boxes take up more room and less packages can be delivered ect... Costing the company more.

There are a lot of shipping companies and they are competitive, depending on what you want. The best bet is to sell local if possible. Otherwise shipping used parts vs new is an issue for a buyer.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean. I sold a superhawk header to a guy in australia awhile back. I packed it in a box and ups wanted like $450 to mail it! I repacked it carefully, basically wrapping the header with cardboard and tape, and managed to get usps to do it for around $50. I been using fedex all the time now, especially for larger stuff, as they're consistently the cheapest. Unfortunately now they've been giving me **** lately for any boxes not perfectly square...apparently they have some new bullshit policy so there goes keeping the box size (and the price) down on any large/odd shaped parts...