Hmm - Road Trip - I think

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm - Road Trip - I think

Well I was thinking of selling the VTR - see here
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...s-worth-27047/

But I know I'd miss her so much,thus for now I'm keeping it. I'm still recovering from cage accident.

UPDATE on my Recovery - April '12

Well its been a while. But here is where I'm at - have been able to walk since about Jan. w/ a walking boot on left leg. I've graduated to a cane now, but only good for short distances, otherwise leg hurts & swells. Right leg is pretty good, can be full weight bearing, but do not have 100% feeling back in certain areas.

And to kick dirt in my face, my boss called about 10 days ago telling me that the company is releasing me, since I've been out of work since Oct. Oh well, I guess when he told my wife & I separately, don't worry, we'll have a job for U when ur ready, didn't amount to a hill of beans. So now I'm factoring where to roll my 401k to & waiting on COBRA insurance info to see how much thats gonna costs. And where to work next, when I'm able to.

And of course when U have a life altering experience, other stuff comes up to. Such as wife isn't happy w/ me anymore. Oh well, life is full disappointments, I'm just 1 of em.

Thus, can't walk, have no job, 4 kids, bank trying to repo casa, no health insurance, maybe heading down Divorce road and the best for last settlement $ that comes my way, will probably go to medical bills, since they're higher than settlement $ and my company was self insured, thus ERISA rules apply.

See didn't I make U feel better - ur not me.

Well at least my buddies are taking me away in 4 weeks & paying for the trip - good to have good friends.

Now the road trip idea - after looking at various moto forums, specifically, ADV, I said what the **** - road trip when I'm able to.

So, I've been thinking of various places for awhile, such as WVa & getting back down Skyline Dr & hitting Blue Ridge.

Yes thats what I'll do - Hmm I'm thinking late June should be good.

Have fun kids & be safe out there
Old 04-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
There, but for the grace of God, goes a whole lot of us. !

I hope you heal sooner than later, and I hope things start to turn in your favor.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
+1
Hope you hang in there, and if divorce looms, sell that puppy to one of your best friends for a $1. With the agreement that you get it back after all is said and done. Otherwise, she may lay claim to it. Been there sorta, had a bad cage wreck. Didn't ride again for 8 years & got divorced. Luckily for me, my company held on to me, and I wasn't as injured as you. It gets better my friend, just hang on and ride out the rough water.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember, your past does not have to be your future.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
How does your company letting you go square with FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) which says you can have 12 weeks of unpaid, job protected leave?

Last edited by RWhisen; 04-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Squid

KemmyRose is on a distinguished road
Past time not come again and again so just focus on your future and present.

solicitors wollongong
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KemmyRose
Past time not come again and again so just focus on your future and present.

solicitors wollongong
Smells like
Second post from this new member, both have a link pointing to the same URL, but use different titles.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 AM
SuperSport

Thanks for good wishes guys (except spammer)

Originally Posted by RWhisen
How does your company letting you go square with FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) which says you can have 12 weeks of unpaid, job protected leave?

Yes they included that, I've been MIA from work since Oct. '11. Kinda sucks, but I'm the type of person who looks forward & not back.

The biggest issue for me know, other than healing, is trying to keep my kids on track w/ growing up & school, while their mother is basically absent mentally. (a whole big story - that I won't get into). I don't hate her (at least not yet) and just want our kids to have a good home/school life. The good part is we have no arguments in front of kids & I'm keeping my thoughts of divorce to myself for now. Getting my ducks in a row.

Now about that road trip - WVa roads I was there a long time ago, when I rode old BMWs & have great memories of that ride. I should be good to ride by June. Pack up the VTR, which is easy as I have a top case, soft bags, seat bag & tank bag. Add my tent & sleeping bag.

Hmm - swing down thru WVa & into Great Smokys & maybe head toward Va beaches & crash w/ a buddy on the swing back up north.

Take Care Guys
Old 04-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
wow man, this post inspired me to quit bitching about my life...hope things get better for you
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
SuperSport

Update 2

End of May '12

Well I'm still about the same as I was in April. My buddies took me away @ end of April to Dominican Republic (we've been there before & know the area - No Punta Cana for us, we hang w/ locals). Trip was a bit difficult for me to get around, but I toughed it out & was glad to hang w/ some friends for a long w/e. They partied like rock stars. Sidenote: While relaxing mid-day @ a bar, right next to a main road, some knuckle headed Yank tired to perform a stoppie 5' from us - of course w/out any gear & flipped the CBR600rr, smacked his head on pavement & bike just brushed his head. Obviously he was very dazed, but they got him into a car & took off for hospital - later found out from 1 of his friends that he was OK. Man when that happens so close to U it freaks U out.

As far as me medically, I still need some surgeries & need to continue therapy, that was stopped due to medical coverage. My mom knows a women who runs a non-profit & apparently they're setting up some fund for me - not sure how I feel about that, I never want to bother people.

I still get around w/ cane & walking boot, but only good for short distances & if I stand too long it hurts. I'm thinking if I can get my ole Oxtar boots on to see if I can shift. Left ankle has very little movement now Man I miss riding. I so much want to ride a moto trip - I used to do 2 to 3 per season - going to Vt, NY Adacks. I miss it so bad, especially since weather has been pretty good this Spring in the NE.

Anyway - Be Safe out there this Memorial w/e - Don't drink & ride & watch out for thse ******* cagers!!

Rhino

Pic from DR - I'm on far right
Attached Thumbnails Hmm - Road Trip - I think-rhino_jonny.jpg