General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

hawk vs CBR 600f4

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 PM
not a
Back Marker

jonjonsocal is on a distinguished road
hawk vs CBR 600f4

Hi. Bike still in the shop. Im looking to get another one to beat up and have as a daily driver.... How does a 2000 CBR 600 f4 compares to a 2002 hawk. I read that the 600cc generates same amount of horses just at a higher rpm, the power to weight ratio is bigger on the cbr.. thats just in paper. what you guys think. Thanks..
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
If you don't mind having about half of the torque the VTR has, then you'll be fine. It's a somewhat boring and refined bike. Make sure the carbs are good to go and it runs fine before you buy.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
not a
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
If you don't mind having about half of the torque the VTR has, then you'll be fine. It's a somewhat boring and refined bike. Make sure the carbs are good to go and it runs fine before you buy.
boring and refined... lol to me the torque is not that usefull when riding around town.. specially when I cant pop wheelies.. Im to chicken.. you should see my chicken stips.. they are like 4".. lol the hawk also consumes more gas than my wifes toyota.. I get under 90 miles to a tank.

keep in mind. Im not trading my hawk for a cbr600 or any bike. lol I love my superhawk. seating position is excellent even tho Im short and cant reach the floor with my whole foot Im still happy with it. The horses/torque are a good combinations specially for my fat butt, and is great when the wife decides to come along. I had a 2005 650 vstar before my hawk, so I love the extra power... Thanks

Last edited by jonjonsocal; 04-23-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Torque is EVERYTHING when riding around town.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Torque is EVERYTHING when riding around town.
+1, and not to be confused with the terms "speed" or "horsepower"
Old 04-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Dances with Guardrails
Squid

icepick is on a distinguished road
The huge amount of torque in the VTR is what makes it such a capable, easy commuter. Your clutch hand will get a great workout from the CBRs lack of torque - you'll be shifting all the time.

The CBR is a great bike, but not a great all-around bike. VTR wins for commuter duty, the F4 made a great track bike back in the day. Others will argue, especially CBR owners, but a VTR and a VFR are among the best motorcycles in the world for the kind of motorcycling most of us do.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Well after all that let me give you some positives on an F4.....

First it would be very easy to switch between bikes as the ergos are very similar as well as the layout of most of the controls.

The bike makes plenty if you are just cruising around with a good punch if you wring its neck along with better suspension and brakes than a VTR.

You can also get very good fuel economy numbers with it.

So in my book, if you like the bike, get it as it is a fine machine.....for an I4....
Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 PM
The Pirate Sportbiker
Squid

VTArrrgh! is on a distinguished road
I had a '96 F3. All things being equal, I enjoyed the CBR more than I enjoy my 'Hawk.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM
not a
Back Marker

Originally Posted by 7moore7
+1, and not to be confused with the terms "speed" or "horsepower"
I spent hours reading about torque and horsepower.. I think I get it.. lol

Originally Posted by icepick
The huge amount of torque in the VTR is what makes it such a capable, easy commuter. Your clutch hand will get a great workout from the CBRs lack of torque - you'll be shifting all the time.

The CBR is a great bike, but not a great all-around bike. VTR wins for commuter duty, the F4 made a great track bike back in the day. Others will argue, especially CBR owners, but a VTR and a VFR are among the best motorcycles in the world for the kind of motorcycling most of us do.
I know all 600s get your hand numb from clutching..... Been riding my friends 07 R6s and its fun until you go on the hwy or freeway, is even worst with my wife riding with me..

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Well after all that let me give you some positives on an F4.....

First it would be very easy to switch between bikes as the ergos are very similar as well as the layout of most of the controls.

The bike makes plenty if you are just cruising around with a good punch if you wring its neck along with better suspension and brakes than a VTR.

You can also get very good fuel economy numbers with it.

So in my book, if you like the bike, get it as it is a fine machine.....for an I4....
It does have better suspension and brakes, these are the main reasons why I like the F4. Thanks..
Old 06-16-2014, 09:49 PM
not a
Back Marker

Hi fellas.. Im back... I did get an FZ6 instead of CBR, it was fun. Hawk is back in tip top shape.. Sold the FZ and totally understand torque now.. The fz was FI so it was pretty nice.. Im buying a "new to me" set of pipes so my erion racing will be posted here for sale pretty soon.. Im glad to be back, I really missed riding my superhawk..

JON
Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Amateur Hour, Every Hour
Squid

TboneNast is on a distinguished road
Get a VFR... more low rpm torque than CBR and same fuel economy. Amazing online community too!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM
not a
Back Marker

Originally Posted by TboneNast
Get a VFR... more low rpm torque than CBR and same fuel economy. Amazing online community too!
Old tread but.. VRT is running great so. Im going to stick with it for a while, I guess I needed to experience a little with 600s and at the end i appreciate my Superhawk a lot more than I did then.. Thanks

JON
Old 06-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
Some times you have to step away and take a break to fully appreciate some things.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Squid

Rican219 is on a distinguished road
Gotta love when old threads come back lol
Old 06-17-2014, 04:52 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
One of my friends bought an f4 recently, he used to have a hawk but totaled it when a dear jumped in front of him. He was shredding the rear tire when he first got it searching for the torque in lower gears and high RPM's. He has it figured out now but that tire looked like it went through a cheese grater. Better suspension and fuel injected as mentioned by hawk. A fun bike but the VTR is the better of the 2, imo.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM
not a
Back Marker

Originally Posted by brothermike
Some times you have to step away and take a break to fully appreciate some things.
Very true.. I liked the Fz6 but I love meh superhawk..