General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related
View Poll Results: Have you gone down? What side?
Left side.
46.01%
Right side.
33.74%
Ass over tea kettle.
23.31%
Backflip.
3.68%
Haven't gone down....yet.
26.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Gone Down?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:38 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by captainchaos
**** YEAH!!! Now we're talkin! That's good but I think I had a little MORE momentum and I think I've got you beat. Ripped mine in half...also a repost
NO WAY!! Mine's better!

I see you also found the weak link in the frame. I kept my front casting. It's a good paper weight.

The best part was picking my bike up from Big Valley Honda, after the insurance appraisal. I walked in the shop on good drugs and asked them for my bike.

"Which one is it?"
"The blue VTR"

They got a good howl out of that. I think they thought they were seeing a ghost.

They loaded the pallet in the back of my truck and I "single-handedly" got it out of my truck and on the rear stand with the front hanging from the rafters. It was good to get my baby home.

Prety friggin' cool to win that battle.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Hm... I'm in all of the above group... and a few more not on the list... And that's only counting on road bikes (track and road), not dirt... If we are counting those I'll need a looong list...

I have learned three things... The first being that I'm dumb enough to try again... The second... ATGATT... And the third is how to fix the bike... (even while on good drugs... )
Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Squid

kvnedbow is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up deals gap 08

after 8k or so last year, gap included, after 2-3k. this spring i went high side after the wall first run 6;30 mon. Wheelers hooked me up that morning with parts. yea Wheelers!!! then friday last session i went low spinning the rear headed up just past gravity cavity. so ineed a tank and all my plastic soo be kind to me ebay please, kvnedbow
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Squid

quiksliver is on a distinguished road
Lefty? kinda

Left turn low speed, stupid car not paying attention tries to run me over, then i tried to take the easy way out and have a nice soft low side until the back tire came off the tar strip and decided to get traction and high side me into the curb, so really im not sure almost left low side then right high side, im pretty sure thats how it happened, tweety tweety tweety.
Came to after the face to face with the curb and no one to be found to stake claim to my anger!!

The usual damage fairing, s/o, foot peg, bar end, blinker, mirror, and minor radiator damage.

Good excuse for two brother carbon and custom paint!!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Old 08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Back Marker

lhoward1134 is on a distinguished road
I guess I should add my lost one from about a little over a month ago. Freshly tarred road recently after it had rained. Nothing warning of fresh tar. Got to an area where the raod was a little more crowned. Back end slid out right, then went left, then shot out hard right. Bike went out from under me and I skied until I was almost off the road. I slid further on my feet than the bike did on its side. Still waiting to hear if the county will pay. We'll see.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Squid

ridingrules is on a distinguished road
Twice on different bikes (neither of them the superhawk), one left-hand turn on a Kawasaki LTD 700 in an oily spot, one right-hand turn with me being stupid on my wife's nighthawk.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Squid

Prilliant03 is on a distinguished road
Been down twice, and hope it never happens again.

First time was in 97 on my FZR400RR. Passing a line of cars and wondering why they were travelling so slowly. Turns out the guy in the lead was slowing to make a right turn. Saw him in time and got on the brakes but locked the front and went down. Right side of the bike took some damage but was repairable. Put it down to inexperience mixed with stupidity and impatience.

Second one was the biggy and not my fault this time. Traveling home from work on my beloved VFR400RR NC30. In a residential street so traveling slowly. The street has some curves and young cagers like to treat it like Laguna Seca. One of those cagers crossed the centre line and hit me head on. I was gong maybe 20mph, but he was doing 50. Went **** over tit (as we say in these parts) and landed in the road behaind the car. Bike was totalled not surprisingly. Headstock was snapped clean off the frame spars and I tore the tank off the bike with my bollocks. I was even worse off. 5 fractures of the pelvis, 2 of the left femur, right wrist in bits, and a stable fracture of the 3rd lumbar vertebra. 6 weeks in hospital, 11 months off work and still have a slight limp to show for it. But it could've been a lot worse. I consider myself lucky now and don't have any bitterness towards the kid who hit me. We all make stupid mistakes at that age.

Oh yeah, and chicks dig scars
Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Squid

clarkwebb is on a distinguished road
No, but my bike went down twice. Once it took a flying fing leap off the trailer. The next time it was my buddy riding it behind me. I got to look back just in time to see him head into a ditch, and the bike land on him. Serves him right.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Squid

996er is on a distinguished road
Went down because of some idiot in an SUV decided to go cross country 3 lanes and stop in front of me to bust a u-turn. Luckily I was riding my ex-ninja ZX6 and not the Hawk. Tried to stop but just wasnt physically possible. Did a 50mph endo into the back of the honda pilot. Regardless that I was in a t-shirt like an idiot, only broke my thumb. THe only thing that was going through my head before I ate it was - I DONT WANNA GO THROUGH THE BACK WINDOW!!! Some how I held on and slid about a hundred or so feet down the asphalt still holding the clip ons with the bike on top of me. Finally kicked it off of me and ran out of the road so I didnt get smashed by traffic. Totalled the bike and had a good amount of road rash everywhere. I rebuilt the bike to some extent and was riding a month later. I wear the jacket almost everytime I ride now... Sold the ninja and got the hawk, I dont wanna break this one, and I'll keep my skin too...

Yeah... and it was on the left side...

Last edited by 996er; 08-26-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
So I'm new to this whole SuperHawk thing and I'm loving it! I got my hawk on kind of a strange deal, it only had 4 miles on it from the dealership and I bought it 3 months ago. She's an '03.

With less than 250 miles on the Hawk I'm coming from Evergreen to Morrison and on one of the last right hand turns I'm going in a little fast, I see this guy coming around the next corner as I'm drifting into his lane. I panicked and touched my front brake a little hard (I probably should have just leaned more). The Hawk twitched and next thing I was sliding to his front bumper. My crappy Wilsons jacked from high school slid up my right arm and I got road rash on my arm and knee. I was aching all over, I stopped 10 feet in front of the guy, the hawk was almost touching his bumper.

Another biker on a Beamer stopped and talked to me for a bit, kept me collected after I wheeled my hawk to the right side of the road. I bent back the rear brake lever on the road and sat down for a few. The other biker just hung with and followed me on backroads back home.

The funniest part was: After I get the bike back in I hop in my truck and go to walgreens cause I'm out of really large bandages. As I come up to the counter with $30 of bandages, neosporin, and hydrogen peroxide the young girl clerk at the register was fumbling something and dropped/broke it at her feet. She looked like she was about to cry. I spoke up "one of those days, huh?" She kinda sighed and agreed, to which I took a step back, lifted my pants leg and showed her my arm. "Me too!" Her jaw hit the floor, but I think she felt a little better.

And damn, hydrogen peroxide and using a rag to clean out the wound wasn't fun! Did it all myself, but then again, I always had a crazy-high tolerance to pain.

Now, I have about 3k on the hawk and am loving every minute of it, and 400 of that is twisty mountain miles!

Last edited by jonnyd; 08-26-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Squid

DuCaTi_HuNtEr is on a distinguished road
- Bandit 600, right side @75mph, no leathers, trying to play with the big boys.
- SV650, right side @35mph, trying to stay ahead of the big boys.
-SV650, left side @20ish, highchair rolling burnout.
-KTM DukeII, looped out at like 60mph when I couldn't find the brake pedal.
-VFR700F2, left side @ over 100mph during trackday when the exhaust can caused the bike to levitate during a trackday in colorado.
-CBR600RR, right side @ around 70mph trying to drag elbow(it worked)

Every time I go down it was either trying to catch up, stay in front, or show off. All of these occured before I was 20 years old. Now I am older& wiser, the only thing that seems to take me down now is pushing crappy tires way too hard.